PDA

View Full Version : Another license question.

Frightened nose gear
22nd Jun 2014, 11:15
Ive a uk ppl had it since the late 80s.Im now changing it to a lapl so as i can fly group A kit aircraft.My ppl is current till 08 2015 ive not done 12 hours in the last year im aware its only counted in the second year.
If its changed to a lapl how do i stand hours wise? Does it start from scratch in terms of hours .
The other odd one is ive read that a class 2 medical is acceptable to use to obtain a lapl yet my class 2 medical states this medical certificate complies with icao standards except the lapl certificate.
My apologies if this question has been raised previously.

Mach Jump
22nd Jun 2014, 18:38
Im now changing it to a lapl so as i can fly group A kit aircraft.

If you do not intend to fly EASA Certified, or Permitted aircraft, you do not need an EASA Licence at all. You can continue on your CAA PPL(A)

If its changed to a lapl how do i stand hours wise? Does it start from scratch in terms of hours

Recency requirements for a LAPL(A) are as follows;

(1) At least 12 hours flight time as PIC, including 12 take-offs and landings, and

(2) refresher training of at least 1 hour total flight time with an instructor, in the 24 Months preceding any flight.

When you have your LAPL issued, be sure to indicate on the form that you wish to retain your old CAA PPL(A). You will then have until 8th April 2015 to achieve the above requirements using your old CAA PPL(A).

The other odd one is ive read that a class 2 medical is acceptable to use to obtain a lapl yet my class 2 medical states this medical certificate complies with icao standards except the lapl certificate.

Your Class 2 Medical is good for your CAA PPL(A), and your New EASA LAPL.

When the Class 2 Medical runs out, it runs on for the remainder of a LAPL Medical.

The LAPL, and LAPL Medical are not ICAO compliant, and are only valid in EASA countries, unless specifically validated by a Non-EASA State.

MJ:ok:

Frightened nose gear
22nd Jun 2014, 20:23
Thanks for your time and input.