PDA

View Full Version : Cost index

CJT151
17th Jun 2014, 14:14
Anybody has any current cost index for Boeing 763.

thanks

Bealzebub
17th Jun 2014, 17:16
What would you like it to be?

There is no set number for a particular aircraft. The number is a variable input used by the FMC to factor an individual airlines trip operating costs and fuel costs in order to provide performance bias to arrive at what the operator is seeking for that trip. Usually this is minimum trip cost but it may be maximum range or some other variable. Each airline will have their own individual costs and priorities and the number used will reflect those requirements.

BOAC
17th Jun 2014, 18:04
Try 350 - that's what I use.

ahramin
17th Jun 2014, 18:25
Cost index is a ratio of fuel cost vs time cost. Typically calculated for each flight to achieve minimum total cost.

oceancrosser
17th Jun 2014, 22:46
Anybody has any current cost index for Boeing 763.

thanks

We used 60 (gives you close to M.80) before fuel management brought all kinda numbers.

350 will get you there faster, but at a cost...

Exaviator
18th Jun 2014, 01:37
There is no fixed number. On long haul operations the cost index will vary on different routes depending on the cost of fuel at the various destinations. It will determine the cost effectiveness of tankering fuel or not.

CJT151
19th Jun 2014, 10:30
Any updated cost index for the Boeing 763. The ones i see here are fairly old.

Thanks

mutt
19th Jun 2014, 16:26
Do you want this for real life or a home simulator. For real life, garbage in means garbage out, so asking others for their CI numbers is worthless.

foxmoth
19th Jun 2014, 18:14
CJT, read what is being said - cost index varies enormously from company to company, I would say if you use one from a Middle Eastern co that has very low fuel costs they will have a high CI, one from a very cost conscious company will be very low, just pick any number really and you will probably find someone using it the only one that applies to YOU is the one YOUR company gives!:ugh:

flyboyike
19th Jun 2014, 21:38
Yeah, but he wants, you know, current ones. Like from 30 minutes ago.

latetonite
20th Jun 2014, 03:28
Does he know what means CI?

MarkerInbound
20th Jun 2014, 04:01
23. There, are you happy? If not use 500.

JammedStab
20th Jun 2014, 13:28
We have what appears to be cost index numbers that are carefully calculated by the company. The flightplans also show as a comparison of what the difference in burn will be on the flight if a CI of 0 is used. The difference for long haul flights appears to be very small. I have a flight plan in hand with a burn of over 130T and the difference between our planned CI burn and a CI 0 burn is 83kg. Admittedly, it does vary but is usually less than 200 kg.

I suppose when multiplied by many flights, it does add up but it sure seems small on a flight like that.