PDA

View Full Version : A320 question.

Natstrackalpha
16th Jun 2014, 11:54
Can anyone help with this please?

On approach autoland, ILS with autopilot, any approach you want, RNAV, VOR, (I know they are different)

Question is about go around mechanics - (not the rules of)

Physically - at MDA or DH depending on the type of approach -

To go around - select GA alt which has already been pre-set by who ever set it - PF or PM. (That's a question in itself)

2/. Select TOGA assuming we want a hard TOGA go around - (which at this point "Go-Around" would be the case)

-notwithstanding the flap settings and speeds, track, just for this question -

-can one assume therefore that given the same decision to go-around a mere selection of TOGA only (autopilot/s engaged) will continue the flight path in TOGA and will have no affect on climb or descent profile.

In other words - as has been suggested, the aircraft would continue the approach but in TOGA? (not the best of situations.)

Amadis of Gaul
16th Jun 2014, 12:01
Suggested by whom? The airplane will most certainly not continue the approach, as soon as the TLs go to TOGA detent, the FDs go to GA as well.

Natstrackalpha
16th Jun 2014, 12:21
Ah, ha!

That's what I thought, due to my doubt, though, its back to the books for me.

Thank you for your response. (I forgot the poster - but, happily, it stuck in my mind, like a thorn)

added later==

Thanks Dan and Amadis.

Dan Winterland
16th Jun 2014, 19:28
-notwithstanding the flap settings and speeds, track, just for this question -

For TOGA to be armed, the flap lever must be at 1 or greater.

captskjain
7th Jul 2014, 19:15
Hi, In case indication of flap slat is unserviceable or fail in flight, how to confirm the position of flap /slat in flight.
Thanks,

captskjain
7th Jul 2014, 19:16
Hi, In case indication of flap slat is unserviceable or fail in flight, how to confirm the position of flap /slat in flight.
Thanks,

captskjain
7th Jul 2014, 19:18
Hi, In case A320 indication of flap slat is unserviceable or fail in flight, how to confirm the position of flap /slat in flight.
Thanks,

Natstrackalpha
8th Jul 2014, 10:06
Either look on your ECAM (the flap position indicator) or

Check on your PFD speed tape - check out VLS. check pitch ~ speed ~ power

Ask the Chief flight attendant to look out of the window - of the cabin.

Is that okay?

Tiger_ Moth
8th Jul 2014, 21:14
If you are landing with both slats and flaps jammed at 0 you put the flap lever to position 1 just so that you have the go around mode available. The go around mode works off of the flap lever position, so even if you have a clean wing like in the above case, you will still have the go around mode available as it goes off the lever position.