PDA

View Full Version : R & R after a forced landing

west lakes
13th Jun 2014, 14:56
Different way of recovering

BBC News - Northamptonshire light plane crash couple found in pub (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-27834835)

JW411
13th Jun 2014, 16:12
I had a friend in the RAF who departed from his Hunter somewhere over the West Country in the 1960s. He landed in a field beside a pub so he rolled up his parachute and walked into the pub in his flying suit carrying his bone dome. He ordered a double whisky and used the landlord's telephone to call Chivenor (no mobile phones in those days). The landlord was completely dead-pan and it was only when Sam asked him if he had people walking into his pub every day carrying a parachute that the landlord came out with:

"You're not going to get me mate. You're one of those guys from Candid Camera!

RatherBeFlying
14th Jun 2014, 02:03
When landing a glider near a busy road, it is not amiss to let the authorities know where you landed in case they get calls reporting an "airplane crash":\

Did that last Sunday; bought beers when back at the clubhouse:ok:

Tashengurt
15th Jun 2014, 09:13
When landing a glider near a busy road, it is not amiss to let the authorities know where you landed in case they get calls reporting an "airplane crash"

Did that last Sunday; bought beers when back at the clubhouse

Indeed, I've responded, along with half of Buckinghamshires fire and ambulance services to a 'plane crash' only to find a glider in a field of cabbages.
Mind you. Having worked alongside the aviaton medicine investigators at Farnborough I'd rather that than a real crash any day.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android