PDA

View Full Version : Experience requirement to get part 66 b1

zzagalo
12th Jun 2014, 22:21
Dear brothers,

I'm wondering you to clarify one thing regarding experience requirement to get part 66 b1 .
right now i have 2 years 145 exp and i start doing my modules with an easa 147 in french but we do the exams out side of french.
i'm confused because last 2 years some colleagues they claim their licenses from caa in FR but that one ask him to submit 5 years instead of 3.

so exp requirement is 5 or its changed?
if i do modules exams with 147 out side of the home base of this school that will be an approved 147 course?

thank you

best regards :rolleyes:

G210
13th Jun 2014, 23:29
From Part 66, Appendix II

Experience Requirements

for category B2 and subcategories B1.1 and B1.3:
i. five years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft if the applicant has no previous relevant
technical training; or
ii. three years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft and completion of training considered
relevant by the competent authority as a skilled worker, in a technical trade; or
iii. two years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft and completion of a Part -147 approved
basic training course.

ZESA
14th Jun 2014, 07:00
Hello zzagalo

Information from EASA regarding Part 66 requirements can be found here:

http://www.acac.org.ma/ar/Workshop%20Presentation/Workshop%20on%20EU%20Regulation%2003%20Part-66.pdf

An extract from this document:

2. for category B2 and subcategories B1.1 and B1.3:
i. five years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft if the applicant has no previous relevant
technical training; or
ii. three years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft and completion of training considered
relevant by the competent authority as a skilled worker, in a technical trade; or
iii. two years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft and completion of a Part -147 approved
basic training course.

As far as i understand it, taking only the EASA B1 theory modules with any Part 147 training provider does not constitute completion of a Part -147 approved basic training course. These courses typically contain elements of practical and hands on training. If you are currently enrolled on a basic training course with a part 147 training organisation, they should be able to tell you if theory exams sat outside their training organisation are valid towards the course.

Hope this helps

ZESA