PDA

View Full Version : Best Flying schools in North West England

amityes2002
10th Jun 2014, 16:29
Planning to do PPL course, looking for best flying school in North West England :confused:

Jawzyjawz
10th Jun 2014, 17:11
Carlisle Flight Training, fantastic people, fantastic airport, check them out.

amityes2002
10th Jun 2014, 19:05
Thanks for replying:ok: , I have done some work since my last post, do you have any idea :confused: about West Air Flying School , Blackpool. They have been established for over 70 yrs and are cheaper then the others.

tomtytom
10th Jun 2014, 19:42
I did my ppl at westair and now have a share in a plane in their hanger. The instructors are ace and there is a friendly vibe in the club. Have a look at westair and a n t and have a trail lesson at both schools. It's the best way to get a feel for where you feel most comfortable learning. Blackpool is a great airport to fly from being glass g and with good atc.

clkorm3
10th Jun 2014, 22:00
I know it might be slightly out of the way but York Flying School is good. CFI Mickey is the best and most honest person you will find in the industry and there are other instructors that are awesome and genuinely want to help as well. I'm currently building my hours there and really enjoy the atmosphere.

Let me know if you need any further info.

amityes2002
11th Jun 2014, 08:56
Thanks everyone , suggestions like this keep me going and motivated,
this is the best forum and all you guys are grt and help people who are new to this forum and industry.

I am going to westair today , to have a word with them also i will check few more flying schools which are nearby.

Thank you all

Treadstone1
11th Jun 2014, 19:31
We'll worth giving Manchester Flight Training a call they are at Barton, fully EASA compliant so no problems.

Small Rodent Driver
11th Jun 2014, 22:23
Thread concerning the professionalism and value for money at ANT is worth a read.

JDA2012
12th Jun 2014, 16:19
Just for SRD - thread summoned (apologies to those who have seen it many a time):

www.pprune.org/private-flying/511455-28-day-20-flying-45h50m-ppl-completed-ant-blackpool.html

In all seriousness, and noting that we are now a day later, I do hope you find / found time to pop in on ANT. I can strongly recommend both the school and Blackpool Airport itself.

amityes2002
12th Jun 2014, 18:58
Hello All,

I have been to Blackpool and done the homework, West Air and Air Nav are offering decent price as compare to other flying school, Now my only concern is West Air have 4 aircrafts , 2- two seater and 2 - four seater and only 2 are operational at the moment 1- two seater and 1 - four seater, they advise me if you want to finish the training soon you have to fly 4hrs a week and book the aircraft well in advance. Same is the case with Air Nav.

I am planning to fly or do my training on weekdays as weekend is going to be busy.:ugh:

Also, I have been to Multiflight school they told me that they are more into commercial training, but they do give training for PPL as well in Blackpool, the instructor was very nice and helpful, but cost wise the school is expensive and there hourly rate is also high as compared to others.

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated.:):)

b2vulcan
15th Jun 2014, 01:06
Have you thought of training at Liverpool?

If so check out Lomac Aviators, a very friendly training organization with 5 2seaters, and 3 4 seaters.
Competitive pricing.

www.http://lomacaviators.com/

amityes2002
16th Jun 2014, 15:04
Thank You b2vulcan (http://www.pprune.org/members/332569-b2vulcan) ,:)

I will visit the flying club this week and have a look. cheers:ok::ok: