PDA

View Full Version : Flight safety questionnaire

CL300pilot
25th May 2014, 13:26
Hello Aviators,

I am a university degree student (and experienced pilot) that is attempting to gather information to create a 'discussion' regarding Continuous Descent Approach (CDA) procedures and Noise Abatement Departure Procedures (NADP). I have compiled a quick questionnaire that I would like experienced crew members to answer. I have tried to attache the questionnaire to this thread, however, its impossible. The questionnaire is basic in design, and very easy to answer! please if your interested in undertaking the questionnaire please 'direct message' me your email address and I will forward it on to you.

I would really appreciate your help, guys/gals. :ok:

Piltdown Man
25th May 2014, 18:43
My experience of these and every other 'noise abatement' procedure is that they are really noise maximisation procedures for the unlucky buggers underneath them. These procedures guarantee that every aircraft will always fly a prescribed path over the same bit of land. Common sense would suggest that the noise could be spread around a bit - but people with local government mentality draw them up, so we end with current rubbish procedures we have.