PDA

View Full Version : comments on Aeros in Gloucester or Wycombe Air Centre, plse!

Gin Slinger
21st May 2002, 17:35
Does anyone flown with Aeros in Gloucester or Wycombe Air Centre?

If so, I'd be most greatful for any insights. I'm looking to do an MEP rating, with the possiblity of an IR.

A and C
21st May 2002, 18:32
I did my IR with the WAC some time back and found them on the whole very good all the prices are "up front" so no surprizes and a discount for staying in credit.

The IR instructors have changed now but the reputation is still good for flying instruction standards.

The engineering section is one of the best in the business so aircraft that go "tech" get back on line quickly and all the maintenance is done to a very high standard.

On balance a good place to fly , not the cheapest but they offer good value for money.

matspart3
22nd May 2002, 11:23
I suppose I have a vested interest as an Aero's member having done PPL, Night and IMC there. They have a large fleet, plenty of instructors and their own maintenance company. They are very busy (which is probably a good sign) but the environment is very relaxed and comfortable.
Gloucester is an excellent training airfield with six runways, NDB, DME and full ATC including Radar. It's location outside CAS makes for pretty scenery and no delays too! email me if you want any further info:)

Valiant
22nd May 2002, 11:31
Over the past few months I've completed CPL, Multi & IR all with Wycombe Air Centre.

I was very pleased with them, the instructors are a decent bunch and the rest of the staff are all friendly and helpful. I would have no hesitation recommending them.

They have a couple of Duchesses, and also use a 172 for the initial stages of the IR. I found the Duchess pretty straight forward to convert onto and a nice aircraft to fly, but I've not flown any other type of twins so cant offer any comparisons.

If you give them a call and ask to speak to Sian Turner (the advanced training co-ordinator) I'm sure she will be happy to arrange to show you round and introduce you to the instructors.

Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions.