PDA

View Full Version : David Clark Pro-X Hybrid ENC Headset

JT8D-17
21st May 2014, 18:24
Has anyone any experience of using the David Clark Pro-X Hybrid ENC Headset in a jet, B737NG preferably. My old Sennheisers have finally given up and I don't want to spend a grand on a Bose:eek:

Jwscud
21st May 2014, 20:23
I got one for Christmas this year - use it at work in the 738.

I find it very comfortable - use rechargeable batteries which last about 3-4 days each. The downside with the early models was that they didn't come with a clip for the ANR unit, and in the 738 there is nowhere to hang it, but that has been remedied - David Clark sent me one free of charge. I now clip the ANR box to the back end of the sunscreen rail.

The Bluetooth works well too should you be that way inclined. It also has a good reversionary mode if the batteries fail, and works fine, though you do notice the noise a bit more. Because it sits on the ears rather than over you have to get the position spot on for the ANR, but once you've adjusted it to your head it should be fine.

All round, I strongly recommend it. Lots of guys and girls I fly with comment on it too, as they haven't seen one before.

West Coast
22nd May 2014, 02:33
Finding a place for the battery pack is my complaint as well.

Was it a simple call to customer service to get the clip?

Jwscud
22nd May 2014, 07:05
I emailed them with a suggestion they might want to start including a clip- they said they were developing one and sent it over to me free of charge. Top service :ok:

JT8D-17
23rd May 2014, 21:32
Thanks for the info:ok:

West Coast
24th May 2014, 00:36
Jwscud

Thanks, I'll check with them