PDA

View Full Version : Customs ex Germany

overandout
21st May 2014, 15:22
I know we have to leave France via a customs airfield.
Does the same apply in Germany?
Can we fly direct from small German airfield to UK .
GAR form of course

ak7274
21st May 2014, 17:42
No, you will be leaving a Schengen country and entering a non Schengen country.

Basically......land at a customs airfield when leaving the UK and depart from a customs airfield when returning to a UK airfield.

dublinpilot
21st May 2014, 17:58
As was said above. It's not about leaving France, but leaving the Schengen area. But many small German airfield can offer such facilities, so the one you want might be ok. Ask them.

Steve6443
21st May 2014, 21:20
Why not split the flight by landing at (e.g.) Middensee or Ostend and clearing customs there?

Jan Olieslagers
22nd May 2014, 05:53
Steve6443, if it is Midden Zeeland EHMZ you mean, one can have customs there through prior notice; but immigration is not available so it cannot serve for flights from/to non-Schengen territory like the UK.

Integrated Aeronautical Information Package the Netherlands (http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/2014-03-20-AIRAC/eAIP/html/index-en-GB.html)

cessnapete
22nd May 2014, 08:08
I fly direct to and from various small German airfields from the UK. In my experience no problems re Customs/Immigration etc. If the airfield shows the facility in the local AIS then 24 hrs notice is fine and you are usually met by the local police, a cursory look at your passport and sometimes your aircraft and that's it.
Same procedure on departure.
Try and avoid Holland due horrendous avgas prices.

Vlad the Imbiber
22nd May 2014, 15:49
#5 -- Jan O – is that really right?

Netherlands AIP GEN 1.2 says “Aircraft landing in or departing from the territory of The Netherlands must first land at or finally depart from an international airport (see AD 1.3)”; and AD 1.3, against Midden Zeeland, says “INTL/NTL”.

In practice lots of British pilots fly direct to Midden Zeeland. In my experience you give your prior notice, and two young policemen are there to inspect your passport when you arrive.

Steve6443
22nd May 2014, 17:15
Steve6443, if it is Midden Zeeland EHMZ you mean, one can have customs there through prior notice; but immigration is not available so it cannot serve for flights from/to non-Schengen territory like the UK.

This is strange because I flew from Cambridge last July and cleared immigration / customs at Middenzee - I rang Middenzee before boarding the aircraft and the customs / immigration were there to "meet and greet" us when we landed.....

Jan Olieslagers
22nd May 2014, 19:49
I have to admit I have never flown there, nor would I have the need for customs/immigration. I did cite from the AIP though:

EHMZ AD 2.3 OPERATIONAL HOURS

1 AD operatorDaily: 0800-1900 (0700-1800).
Outside OPR HR BTN SR-SS by arrangement before 1800 (1700).

2 Customs and immigrationCustoms: SR-SS 1 HR PN 1) (http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/2014-03-20-AIRAC/eAIP/html/eAIP/EH-AD-2.EHMZ-en-GB.html#lid-1109059938933).
Immigration: NA.

Steve6443
23rd May 2014, 07:52
Hi Jan,

As indicated, I flew from Cambridge to Midden Zeeland last year in July, I rang the airport a few days in advance to clarify because I was coming from the UK and wanted to clear customs and have passport checked due to non Schengen, the person on duty said "give us a call before you leave UK giving us an ETA and we'll organise everything". Did so, landed and two officers inspected our passports and then let us be on our way, flew back to Germany from there. This is "from the horses mouth", from one who's done the trip before.....