PDA

View Full Version : Hawker Hunter F58a Miss Demeanour

mauld
15th May 2014, 05:21
Hawker Hunter F58a Miss Demeanour Awesome Sound - YouTube

Jhieminga
15th May 2014, 07:40
Platinum Fighter Sales | Warbird and Classic Aircraft For Sale (http://www.platinumfighters.com/#!hunter/ckzm)

BEagle
16th May 2014, 21:31
I just hope that whoever buys the aircraft gets rid of that stupid colour scheme!

John Farley
16th May 2014, 21:35
Hear hear BEages

Compass Call
16th May 2014, 22:35
Personally, I hope the new buyer keeps 'Miss Demeanour' painted the way she is:ok:

India Four Two
17th May 2014, 16:07
You're out voted, CC.

Here's a proper Hunter colour scheme:

dYCjM-vQOks

ZK-JIL FR.74 ex Singapore Air Force and prior to that with 14(F) and 66(F).

I saw her first flight after several years in storage (http://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/20846-hawker-hunter-airborne-airshow.html) and then the subsequent displays at the Tauranga Air Show in 2012. The first one I had seen in the air since the 60s. Marvelous.

To me, the Hunter always looks "exactly right" in a way that the Swift doesn't.

It sounds right too (embedding disabled - click on the link):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OtaoZvB7EFs

Planemike
17th May 2014, 17:08
Personally, I hope the new buyer keeps 'Miss Demeanour' painted the way she is:ok:

Me too, a very imaginative, colourful, distictive unique scheme....

Planemike

DaveReidUK
17th May 2014, 17:55
Me too, a very imaginative, colourful, distictive unique scheme....You left out "entirely inappropriate".

BEagle
17th May 2014, 19:52
Sorry, but it's the worst colour scheme I've ever seen on a Hawker Hunter - really, really hideous and totally inappropriate. Probably a negative selling point too....

There's precious little of any 'blue note' in that YouTube link....:confused:

newt
17th May 2014, 21:26
If only I could win the lotto! Cheap as chips and a great colour scheme:ok:

Planemike
17th May 2014, 21:54
You left out "entirely inappropriate".

What, prey, is "inappropriate" about the scheme??

Indeed I did and quite intentionally. However I would add fresh, bright, eye catching, scintillating, different, original..... Oh, yes and attention grabbing, flamboyant, lively, dynamic.... Just love seeing the aircraft in the air.

Wonder what scheme you would create for the aircraft......?

it's the worst colour scheme I've ever seen on a Hawker Hunter - really, really hideous

Think you are being harsh and a bit OTT.....

Probably a negative selling point too....

Not if you like the scheme....!!!

Planemike

longer ron
17th May 2014, 22:56
Sorry, but it's the worst colour scheme I've ever seen on a Hawker Hunter - really, really hideous and totally inappropriate. Probably a negative selling point too...

I have to say that I think it is a lovely paint scheme - except for the droppers :)

There's precious little of any 'blue note' in that YouTube link....

Agreed - needs to be the correct mark(s) :)

Krystal n chips
18th May 2014, 02:29
The aircrafts colour scheme, along with her name, make a perfect combination. :ok:

Here's some more info that explains it all.......unless you're a purist firmly entrenched in wallowing in nostalgia that is.

http://flyingmonstersblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/its-not-a-felony-to-paint-a-hunter-like-this-its-just-a-miss-demeanour/

Who really cares what the paint scheme is when surely the intention is to operate and display an aircraft to a public audience, most of whom simply wish to see this now vintage and iconic aircraft fly. The 21st century can be so confusing for some it would seem.

FlightlessParrot
18th May 2014, 05:40
Welcome to the contrast between a pint and under-stated excellence, and Red Bull and X-treme Games.

The future is obviously with the lurid and tarty, and the only thing that is demonstrably wrong is that the owners have "heritage" in their name; that is not a heritage colour scheme, whether you like it or not.

DaveReidUK
18th May 2014, 10:23
De gustibus non est disputandum.

Chris Scott
18th May 2014, 14:54
Why so dogmatic, you guys?

If a choice of livery had to be made for the UK Hunter fleet between having them all in various authentic RAF schemes (on the one hand) and flamboyant non-military ones (on the other), it would be a no-brainer.

The appeal of Miss Demeanour's paint-job, however, is its uniqueness. As a flying machine, we non-rated cognoscenti think of the Hunter as a very fast, aerobatic jet aeroplane, whose design is unlikely ever to be matched for sheer beauty. Her raison d’ętre was military, but we don't have to know that to recognise her aesthetically, and we don't have constantly to be reminded of it in her make-up.

The art-work itself, if money was no object, could no-doubt evolve into something even better by annual experiment. But none of us is footing the bill...

Above The Clouds
18th May 2014, 14:56
Well I am considering its purchase, will let you know what I decide.

Herod
18th May 2014, 19:55
For my money, a Hunter just looks beautiful, regardless of the colour scheme. :ok:

Capetonian
18th May 2014, 20:04
I like the colour scheme, it's bright and vibrant and eye-catching, but it's more appropriate for a child's toy than a restored historic aircraft. I don't believe in changing history and this is quite inappropriate for the context.

Brian Abraham
19th May 2014, 01:10
I guess the die-hards wouldn't approve of these either :p

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/Papyrushunter_2888.jpg/800px-Papyrushunter_2888.jpg
http://plane-crazy.k-hosting.co.uk/Aircraft/Jets/Hunter/Hunter-T7.jpg
http://plane-crazy.k-hosting.co.uk/Aircraft/Jets/Hunter/Hunter-F4-IF-46.jpg

For my money they all look great (not actually seen one in the flesh), I'm more than happy to see them in any paint scheme, if that's what it takes to see an iconic airframe doing what the makers built it to do - fly.

surely not
19th May 2014, 16:12
I think it is a fantastic colour scheme and every bit as worthy as a copy of a classic camouflage scheme. It has always got people talking when I have seen it flying at air displays and very few forget it, for better or for worse. Room in the world for an individual with all the other historically correct schemes to be seen.

I also liked the Red Bull Sea Vixen colour scheme which was less OTT.

Planemike
19th May 2014, 17:43
I guess the die-hards wouldn't approve of these either :p

Wonder why the "die-hards" would not like these....??

cuefaye
19th May 2014, 21:14
I flew many hours on the aircraft, over many years, and now I take great pleasure in painting her, in oils, in traditional livery; for that is how she was adorned for her original role. But I have to say that Miss Demeanour's looks are imaginative, attractive, and stunning. As the airframe always was. Though I cannot imagine some old warbirds wearing anything but their traditional paint scheme - for me, the Hunter wears her new(ish) clothes well!

For goodness sake, we used to paint her black, blue, and raspberry ripple in-Service. Bah humbug to some here!

chiglet
19th May 2014, 21:31
The Swiss Hunter, no idea of its history/heritage... however, the Blue Diamonds aircraft and the Red Devils/ Diablo Rouges [sp] have both.

DaveReidUK
19th May 2014, 21:49
The Swiss Hunter, no idea of its history/heritage... however, the Blue Diamonds aircraft and the Red Devils/ Diablo Rouges [sp] have bothThough not, in the case of those two particular airframes, with either the Blue Diamonds or the Diables Rouges.

FlightlessParrot
20th May 2014, 05:01
The point about a colo(u)r scheme is that it's reasonable to expect it to be, as they say in the fashion industry, age appropriate. Manufacturer's demonstrators had all sorts of flash colour schemes, as well as the display teams, and those schemes tended to be suited to show off the lines of the aircraft. The problem I have with Miss Demeanour's current paint job is that it's anachronistic, and rather works against seeing the shape of the aircraft clearly--which, in the case of the Hunter, is really terrible as it's probably the only classically beautiful aeroplane Hawkers ever made (ducks).

Kieron Kirk
21st May 2014, 21:06
"The problem I have with Miss Demeanour's current paint job is that it's anachronistic, and rather works against seeing the shape of the aircraft clearly--which, in the case of the Hunter, is really terrible as it's probably the only classically beautiful aeroplane Hawkers ever made (ducks)."

Quack!

What about the Sea Hawk, Sea Fury, Hart, High Speed Fury etc.:)

I agree, "Miss Demeanour's" paint scheme is .....:mad:

Ciarain.

FlightlessParrot
21st May 2014, 21:15
What about the Sea Hawk, Sea Fury, Hart, High Speed Fury etc.

Quite right, I was having a moment of forgetfulness/stupidity/stupid forgetfulness. Though I think of those good-looking aeroplanes, only the Hart and biplane Fury might count as "classically beautiful."

Ducks because ducks on land look comical, in the water cute, and flying, astonishingly full of grace and power.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
22nd May 2014, 08:51
I think that as long as someone is paying the bills to keep her flying, I don't give a stuff what colour they chose to paint her.

bvcu
22nd May 2014, 09:49
fully agree shaggy , as long as someones paying the bills to keep them flying they can paint them whatever colour they like. as long as they're flying !