PDA

View Full Version : Past 7months from Skillcheck, No Base Training Yet. CAA are furious

dcoded
14th May 2014, 21:21
Hello,

Fist of all, Sorry for the bad title. Did not know how to fit in a good description.

I will explain my situation and see if any one have been in similar situation.

I was offered a seat on a newly formed company back in September 2013.
They did not yet have their AOC or aircraft.
Since I or the others did not have the type rating before we were sent for ground school and later sim and we finished with the skill check in the end of October 2013.
Since then we have been awaiting AOC and company have decided to postpone our base training until AOC was about to be received.
Now it seems we will receive AOC in the beginning of June so the company is now in the process of making us pilots ready by sending us to the sim for OPC so we can do the base training.
Here is where I ran into problems with my CAA (Europe)

In some correspondence with the CAA by email they are saying that:

"From first day of theory you have 6months to complete skill check. And then you have 6months to complete aircraft training"

This time has now expired..

Although the licensing officer in my country CAA told me that
"perhaps if you do a new skillcheck it would be possible to accept your base training so we can put it on you license"

Without any definite answer. I am really stressed about this since we might be going for the refresh this weekend already..

The other things is that my colleagues in the company have their licenses in another European country (also the same country where company will have their AOC)
And their CAA accepted that they will do a refresh in the sim, and a new skill check.

If I do the same as them, but then my licensing country does not approve this method. Is it just for me to transfer my license to the other countrys CAA?

I apologize for not being coherent in this thread.
But I am kind of stressed about the situation.

Thanks for your time.

Piltdown Man
15th May 2014, 06:49
I wouldn't ask us. It's the relevant authorities your employer needs to approach. The authorities often follow one another but someone will have to ask them - not us. If that is a problem for your employer and it becomes your problem then I don't hold out much hope for you over the long term. And while we are at it, are you actually going to be paid? I bet your potential employer is already counting on subsidising their operation with yours and your colleagues salary.

PM

Sir George Cayley
15th May 2014, 21:24
Is the country working to EASA part FCL?

SGC