PDA

View Full Version : FTE Jerez is not anymore a CaaUk ATO!

tarobem
9th May 2014, 18:57
I have heard that FTE Jerez is removed from the list of approved ATO
they now have only a spanish certification and a spanisch management
does anybody know what is going on over there?

WASALOADIE
9th May 2014, 21:33
Hi, just out of interest, may I ask where this gem came from? There has been a fair bit of discussion recently regarding their recruitment of instructors and various things that have been going on there.

What will the repercussions be for all the existing students (and their sponsors) who are enrolled on what was to be a CAA/EASA course? I assume they will still get EASA certification but under Spanish state registration.

RHS
9th May 2014, 21:38
My understanding was this is all a controlled process to hand oversight of the operation to the Spanish authorities. However it will still be CAA/EASA license?

Mach1.1
10th May 2014, 05:51
FTE stopped being a CAA FTO about a year ago. However, provided the initial Class 1 medical is done by the CAA then students are entitled to a UK issued EASA licence. The IR Skills Tests are still done by a CAA or CAA approved examiner.

GgW
10th May 2014, 06:06
I have heard that FTE Jerez is removed from the list of approved ATO

With the fee structure (a.k.a Scheme of charges) of the UK CAA this sounds like a very good business move from FTE Jerez. I am sure Oxford and CTC secretly envy them for being able to do it.

UK/CAA examiners do the ME/IR and CPL skills test. This is one of the things from EASA that worked in FTE's favour. If the UK/CAA issued your medical than they will also be the ''competent'' authority that will issue your license.

zondaracer
10th May 2014, 12:38
I thought that under EASA they were required to be subject to Spanish AESA certification.

nick14
10th May 2014, 15:19
Depends on the principle place of business.

BigGrecian
12th May 2014, 17:47
With the fee structure (a.k.a Scheme of charges) of the UK CAA

The CAA are dirt cheap compared to EASA!