PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question .....

Aphrican
29th Apr 2014, 10:08
This is a dumb question and I am pretty sure that the answer is no but here goes. As an FAA licence holder, am I allowed to log PIC time and PUT time for a flight that I take in an EU registered aircraft with an EASA CFI where I am the sole manipulator of the controls etc? I assume that the answer is no because I am not legally allowed to fly the plane solo as I don't have an EASA licence.

mad_jock
29th Apr 2014, 10:13
you can fly the aircraft solo in the UK anyway just now with just a club check ride. Nothing else is required.

Aphrican
29th Apr 2014, 10:17
Thanks MJ. I know about flying a G-reg. I thought that was unique to the UK within the EU. Does the same thing apply to a D-reg and / or a SP-reg?

dublinpilot
29th Apr 2014, 10:22
It varies country by country.

You can fly an Irish registered aircraft anywhere on a ICAO licence.

Regarding your question, if you can't legally fly the aircraft, then you can't log it as pilot in command. But if you receive training, then I don't see what you couldn't log it as a training flight, because you don't need any licence to receive training.

dp

Aphrican
29th Apr 2014, 16:25
MJ, did that change on 8 April 2014?

mad_jock
29th Apr 2014, 18:17
I am not 100% sure to be honest because it doesn't effect me. I don't think it did there was an extension to that bit of the legislation coming into force.

Even when it does you can get a years validation which I believe will be a paper work exercise after it comes it.

Even when it does come in I think you will be still be able to fly none EASA G reg aircraft but again I am not sure.

Mach Jump
29th Apr 2014, 20:55
The right of any ICAO Licence holder to fly G reg aircraft, without geographical limitation has existed for some time. This right was to have been reduced to the Privileges of a LAPL, on 8th of April this year, together with UK National Licences, but has been extended to 8th of April 2015. Thereafter, a 12 months extension can be issued on an individual basis. After that, Annex II only.

MJ:ok:

Aphrican
30th Apr 2014, 06:16
Excellent. Thank you.