PDA

View Full Version : Funding

ltrainstew84
24th Apr 2014, 04:42
This questions is for any American student pilots. I'm currently in the process of trying to find flight schools to become a professional pilot, but am having difficulty finding funding. I don't own a home, and my previous career was not all that lucrative. If there is anyone out there who has similar circumstances and was/has been able to pay for flight training PLEASE tell me how you did it, because I would really like to know. Thank you so much for your help/suggestions in advance.

Larry

PA28181
24th Apr 2014, 10:47
but am having difficulty finding funding

PLEASE tell me how you did it, because I would really like to know

Same here. Do you really want someone to pay you to become a professional pilot?

Good luck, but you may find wanting and getting are two very different things.

The500man
24th Apr 2014, 10:57
There are three options.

A) Ask mom and dad.

B) Get a job and save the money.

C) Get on a semi-sponsored airline scheme and benefit from reduced earnings for the next decade.

Posting here instead may help: Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) (http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies-14/)

ChickenHouse
24th Apr 2014, 11:21
The career chances are not in favor of attracting somebody to finance this. Too many rich boys parents finance their kids license and even ratings. The black death of "pay to fly" at some airlines is all around as well.

This leaves only a few choices:
(1) mom and dad
(2) get hired by an airline to finance the license (works for 16yo, but hard later)
(3) get your bank to finance it
(4) look for private financing, i.e. crowd funding or the rare sponsorships