PDA

View Full Version : aircraft movements log legal rq

much2much
23rd Apr 2014, 14:13
Does any one know the requirments for keeping a log of aircraft movements ,from a airfield, in terms of the CAA, police and where such info may be found ?,, thanks.

dont overfil
23rd Apr 2014, 14:40
CAP 793 for unlicenced.

CAP 168 for licenced.

Edited to say police may ask for such info to be recorded even though it is not required by the CAA for unlicenced fields.

D.O.

Unusual Attitude
23rd Apr 2014, 14:49
There must have been smoke coming off your pen last weekend keeping that updated D.O ;)

dont overfil
23rd Apr 2014, 15:00
There must have been smoke coming off your pen last weekend keeping that updated D.O ;)

It's foggy- I'm bored!

Further info:- The log may be useful at unlicenced fields to prove continuous use to the local authority planning department.

D.O.

much2much
24th Apr 2014, 05:44
OK thanks it,s unlicensed strips ,i am trying to find the ans to.I also recall something in the A.N.O about, the aircraft Commander having to make every reasonable effort :-

to inform the owner/operator of a aerodrome of intent to T/O, or land at the he earliest possible time?, can,t find it but, that's the A.N.O.

thanks
most useful CAP, S ess or what ever the multiple of C.A.P. may be.

what about inspection by the border agencies??

TCAS FAN
24th Apr 2014, 07:36
Much2much

From personal experience customs and Special Branch monitor aircraft movements at unlicensed aerodromes, albeit with limited staff resources. They periodically visit unlicensed aerodromes, talk to staff and review movement records.

xrayalpha
24th Apr 2014, 07:50
Here at Strathaven we try and record movements, but many users - mostly home based - just don't fill in details.

A pain for their pals who arrive and say, do you know where X has gone?

We also keep a bit of an eye out for Special Branch, as mentioned above.

But there are some times where we must keep a record of movements: the upcoming Commonwealth Games being one.

This is due to special arrangements to allow us to continue to operate although we are in the restricted area.