PDA

View Full Version : Dubai package.....

RadarController
15th Apr 2014, 08:57
Hi all.... can anyone please pm me info on the current dubai package...

I have looked but posts seem quite old...

thanks in advance

10 DME ARC
15th Apr 2014, 13:25
It hasn't changed much!!

TheFalcon
16th Apr 2014, 10:32
The current package is so poor and so outdated it would be shameful to pm it to anyone

viaEGLL
3rd May 2014, 03:27
I would feel slightly embarrassed to forward the package for the second busiest airport in the world!
Dubai is a fantastic opportunity for the right people at the right time for them. But unfortunately the package has not been improved since 2008 and we are probably working twice the amount of traffic.
Hopefully sometime this year the penny or dirham will drop and the package will get a much needed improvement to match the demands made on its controllers.

If this happens then I will gladly forward you the details.

Kiwikid
3rd May 2014, 12:01
Completely agree with the above. Current is pityful considering the increased workload and expenses in Dubai.

Be extra careful too. Apparently the contract is changing for new hires. Not necessarily better or worse but housing of example is going to be less but maybe other areas will be better to make up for it. With rents going through the roof here still it is hard to get a decent villa for a family for less than 200,000 and with many landlords demanding one years rent up front again, many people will need to take out a loan before even starting training, let alone validating. Add in car loans and school fees that is a pretty big commitment up front.

None of us coal face workers have actually seen the new contract mind you so maybe someone with a current offer will post an update.

Warped Factor
3rd May 2014, 18:35
I would feel slightly embarrassed to forward the package for the second busiest airport in the world!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-think005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Preliminary World Airport Traffic and Rankings 2013 - High Growth Dubai Moves Up to 7th Busiest Airport (http://www.aci.aero/News/Releases/Most-Recent/2014/03/31/Preliminary-World-Airport-Traffic-and-Rankings-2013--High-Growth-Dubai-Moves-Up-to-7th-Busiest-Airport-)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd May 2014, 20:27
Even some way behind Heathrow!

ferris
3rd May 2014, 20:33
It depends what you are talking about, WF.

If you are willy-waving, then international passenger movements is just going to garner a snigger from those of us in the field (such as the Heathrow crowd receive).*

If you are looking for a pay rise, then pax numbers is relevant- after all, who pays?

*Anyone with half a clue might be interested in movements divided by the number of controllers moving them.

Del Prado
3rd May 2014, 22:11
.........Airports Council International (ACI) preliminary passenger traffic results for 2013 show that the top six ranked positions with respect to the world’s busiest airports remained unchanged as compared to the previous year. Although Atlanta (-1.1%) remains the world’s busiest airport, Beijing (+2.2%) continues to close the gap in second position. London-Heathrow (+3.3%) remains in third while Tokyo-Haneda (+3.2%) preserves fourth position. Chicago-O’Hare (+0.2%) and Los Angeles (+4.7) maintain fifth and sixth ranks respectively.

One of the fastest-growing airports in the world is Dubai, moving from 10th to 7th rank.

Whatch you talkin bout Ferris?

crsctl
3rd May 2014, 22:18
Why are air traffic controllers worried about movement by passengers? Why not concern yourself with cargo or some other method to meet your needs? Controllers comparing by aircraft movements would only make too much sense wouldn't it!

crsctl
3rd May 2014, 22:22
Why are controllers worried about passenger movements? Would you use cargo numbers if necessary to meet your needs? What about good old fashioned airplane movements? Full or empty it's only counts as one!

viaEGLL
4th May 2014, 02:25
Sorry boys and girls!

I was talking passenger numbers as this is what is rammed down our throats 7 days a week.

Having worked EGLL and OMDB I don't have to willy wave :ok:

west atc
4th May 2014, 03:03
What Dubai are claiming is number one in "International" passengers because well every passenger is an "International" passenger.

I wouldn't start the pay per passenger argument because you work just as hard with a Gulfstream carrying 2 passengers than you do with an A380 carrying 500.

As for the I've worked in EGLL and OMDB :ugh:

viaEGLL
4th May 2014, 03:49
West atc there is no argument starting just a normal conversation about OMDB package.

Obviously some people like to latch on who is busier than who etc etc
As I said I don't have to point score or willy wave.

1 A380 or 1 Gulf Stream same workload.

8 A380 plus 23 other heavy aircraft in 1 hour is not the same. Stating a fact not willy waving.:=

N90-EWR
4th May 2014, 05:57
Ideally, traffic count + complexity of the airspace/operation + cost of living at that location is what should be used to determine ATC salaries.

topdrop
4th May 2014, 07:49
Most airports have their particular foibles that can make it interesting.
eg. I could go-
Terrain issues
One runway
No high speed exits
No taxiway to end of runway
Localiser final 24NM with GS of same acft type varying between 240 and 140 and the IFR C172 doing 80.
ILS missed approach points back towards final
Available dep headings from 15 limited to 350 to 030
etc. etc.

But I'm not complaining, I love it :ok::ok::ok:

Laura113
4th May 2014, 08:31
Hello,

The package is still the same. It is not changed that much yet.

Regards,
Laura

Laura113
4th May 2014, 08:34
Hello,

the package is still the same, there is no change took place in that.

Regards

1Charlie
5th May 2014, 00:27
The guys and girls working the regional procedural approach towers, often solo watch, in my opinion are doing the hardest job in ATC. Yet most of the time are being paid the least!!

Nookie2nite
5th May 2014, 02:02
For the willy wavers, dxb should put their willies away and research before feeling hard done by over worked and underpaid....
2013 Dubai had around 370000 movements
2013 Heathrow had around 470000 movements
2012 Atlanta had 930000 movements, and number 10 in the world, Paris, didn't quite make 500000 in 2012....

.....nobody forcing you to stay in your villa and earn your tax free bucks....I believe there is a stack of cvs waiting to replace you....

the Shue
5th May 2014, 04:59
If I could be so rude as to bring this thread back on topic.

I understand it's disgusting, horrid, embarrassing, ... etc, but what is the current package?

BTW, Doha is the busiest and best airport on earth and they did not bribe FIFA officials to get the World Cup. That's what we're told.

RadarController
5th May 2014, 07:13
Hi again and thanks to all that pm'd me.....

Rumours being rumours but I've heard that there's a new contract serco/dans with some big differences....

Could someone please pm or respond

Thanks in advance

Btrbill
5th May 2014, 13:44
Never worked DXB, LHR, or ATL... But I did work at two other top 10 airports...

As I understand it, DXB works more heavy's percentage-wise then anywhere else in the world... to usually one runway.

No clue about LHR... Never been there, don't know anyone there... but they do have parallels that are far enough apart to run simo's... something DXB cannot do.

ATL has 5 runways, of which 3 are used for arrivals at any one time... Including simo's during IFR. Not knocking my Brothers there, 'cause they do a great job.

All I am saying is total number of movements does not always equal who (ATCO'S) is the busiest. It also depends on how many controllers are working those planes.

IMHO, if you are certified at any busy international airport, you are pretty equal in my book, and have my respect...

YeahYeah
5th May 2014, 17:20
"IMHO, if you are certified at any busy international airport, you are pretty equal in my book, and have my respect..."

Wisest words written in this thread. Let's move on.

Squawk 7500
5th May 2014, 18:33
If you add the right statistical conditions to your argument then you can prove any airport in the world to be the 'busiest'. It all comes down to how much you want to filter the figures. That said, my willy is phenomenal.

Plazbot
5th May 2014, 21:09
The way this thread has gone makes myself want to stab me in the face?

RAC/OPS
5th May 2014, 23:24
The way this thread has gone makes myself want to stab me in the face?

With your willy?

viaEGLL
6th May 2014, 12:38
I am enjoying myself!:D reading the posts that such a simple topic generates.

Please note: No willy was harmed while writing this post:E

BDiONU
8th May 2014, 06:10
Rumours being rumours but I've heard that there's a new contract serco/dans with some big differences....The difference now is that you used to be employed by SERCO who were contracted by Dubai Airports under the DANS (Dubai Air Navigation Services) umbrella. Since 1st Jan DANS is an entirely separate legal and financial entity from DA and employ staff directly (staff which had previously been employed by DA on the DANS contract transferred to DANS). So you will be employed by DANS.

C212-100
30th May 2014, 13:38
Hi there,

I am thinking about moving to either Dubai or Abu Dhabi with my wife who is an Area Controller in Portugal.

Can any of you people in the know share with me the current package on offer on both places? Am I correct in thinking that the enroute control is based in Abu Dhabi and that in Dubai you will only get the APP and TWR/GND type of control?

Thanks in advance.

Satellite Man
10th Jun 2014, 09:26
Hi there,

I would like to know what is the current package for ATCOs in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. I have heard salary figures these days, and they have told me the roster is MMAANNSOOO. Vacation is apparently 30 days per year and there is one paid fly-back.

What I would like to know is if they pay for housing on top of the salary or that's included in the salary. Also, if they pay for private health insurance.

I must say the figure I heard about the salary seemed low for what I expected (I have been an ATCO for a few years already). If anyone has reliable information about salaries I would appreciate if they could PM me.

Cheers,

SM

atco1985
13th Apr 2017, 14:46
Hi all.... can anyone please pm me info on the current dubai package...

I have looked but posts seem quite old...

thanks in advance

g25
15th Apr 2017, 08:27
If anyone has got info on the latest Dubai package could you please PM me as well.

Thanks in advance.

GorGor
23rd May 2017, 16:53
Hi all,

After 10+ years of TWR and ACC ATC in Spain, I started sending CVs to Middle East, and yesterday I got an email from a recruiter wanting to talk about a position of APP ATC in UAE...

Anyone working there could tell me what is the situation like right now? (if with numbers, preferably by PM)

Thanks