PDA

View Full Version : Dual done , solo to come :)

localflighteast
7th Apr 2014, 15:28
Finally caught a break in the weather and got my dual cross country in. Only been trying since November !!!

Weather permitting Solo on Saturday.

Guess I'm in serious danger of being mistaken for a real pilot. :)

slam525i
7th Apr 2014, 17:38
The weather's been crap all winter here. Good luck on Saturday. It's gonna be busy so try not to hit anything. :ok:

thing
7th Apr 2014, 20:10
Good luck!

PPLvirgin
7th Apr 2014, 20:30
the weather has been crazy in last 4 months or so - but take time to take in your solo XC its an amazing landmark in your journey to PPL. I did mine in September last year, and remember so much - loved it.

Having said that its easy to lose concentration or get distracted like i was at one point and can easily be dangerous - with no one there as per usual like your instructor to point out any probs or dangers etc...

other than that it just simply is great fun!!!

regards

Tris

worldpilot
7th Apr 2014, 22:32
What does a real pilot do?:=

As you venture into the next territory (flying solo XC), make sure your mental gear is fit for the purpose.:ugh:

I'm not making a point to scare you off though. But if you're not comfortable with the challenge, weight the options when you're on the ground, not when in the air. If you're signed off by your instructor and you are not sure of your readiness, take another trip with your instructor.

Good luck.

WP