PDA

View Full Version : UA B767 incident at Heathrow 30 March

Karaka
31st Mar 2014, 20:08
Observed UA B767 landing on 09L at EGLL at about 1640Z Sunday with apparent right engine shutdown. Firebell still going over aircraft transmissions on the Twr frequency. Maximum effort by firecrew to runway rollout. On past history, this usually results in total shutdown on the tarmac. What was the whole story?

Capn Bloggs
1st Apr 2014, 00:04
Firebell still going over aircraft transmissions
I severely doubt that. All my FOs know that they will get the fire axe treatment if they "do not cancel that bl@@dy fire bell...NOW!"

Perhaps it was the captain's phone alarm clock for his dinner reminder...which raises the question, why was the flight late??

Karaka
1st Apr 2014, 19:22
I agree its most annoying, hence the comment. It's a noise that is unmistakable.

Airclues
1st Apr 2014, 21:42
It's many years since I operated one of these engines, but I believe that if you get a fault on both loops the fire warning remains on even when the engine is shut down. I'm not sure if this only applies to the light or whether the bell stays on as well. Perhaps someone with more recent experience can confirm.

futz
2nd Apr 2014, 03:39
I was told by dispatch that they couldn't get the bell to silence. I think the dual-loop theory is correct.

Karaka
2nd Apr 2014, 15:32
With an attitude like that and your hand on the fire axe , obviously CRM went over your head.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/smilies2/eusa_wall.gif

Tinwacker
4th Apr 2014, 09:11
Warning SWLT is first to be pressed to get rid of that noise.
There is always the c/b to pull to kill the bell if it doesn't cancel after the SWLT selection.
If the lights are still on after shut-down then the fire is still merrily blazing...:eek:
FCOM page.......mmmmm

Capn Bloggs
4th Apr 2014, 09:18
With an attitude like that and your hand on the fire axe , obviously CRM went over your head.

CRM: I'm the Captain, you're the Resource and I'll Manage you any way I please. :ok: