PDA

View Full Version : 737 engine fire checklist

30th Mar 2014, 16:18
Ok, I'll try again, as my last thread got deleted somehow.( I don't think it was immoderate..)
Are we supposed to call for "engine fire or engine severe damage or separation " checklist, or simply "engine fire".
My company insists on the long version, but Boeing seems to suggest the latter, as per the quick action index.
Anyone?

Dufo
30th Mar 2014, 16:20
Dear God help us all for such questions.
Why don't you ask this at your next OPC?

30th Mar 2014, 16:35
Well, it was as a result of such an OPC discussion that I pose the question. It may seem trivial and pedantic to you (although you still bothered to reply!), but it was still a debrief point.
Any sensible comments?

axl76fg
30th Mar 2014, 16:39
Normally for what I know and see till now, is PF calling the right non normal checklist on the QRH so I do answer to your question...you have to tell the PM what kind of problem you have..,,The right one!:confused:

Tee Emm
30th Mar 2014, 23:12
My company insists on the long version, but Boeing seems to suggest the latter, as per the quick action index.
Anyone?

I think you made a very good point and one I had not thought of before. The name of the long version is certainly a real mouthful. I agree the Quick Action checklist is the clue as it does also display separate check list titles for Engine Severe damage or Separation.

Denti
31st Mar 2014, 00:34
We us only the short version. Since it's one checklist for all engine failures during take off it is used quite a lot and we followed Boeings suggestion for the abbreviated version.