PDA

View Full Version : A320 amber ON BATT light on ADIRS panel

Fly4passion
17th Mar 2014, 07:02
Hello everybody

First, I would like to thank you all for sharing the knowledge with me ....I really like to read this forum and I always learn a lot...

I need some help.....recently I heard this question..

Is it possible to know which Adirs is on Battery when the BATT lights is ON?

I think there is no way to know which one....but for sure you have some good advice for me...Thank you very much

vilas
19th Mar 2014, 15:28
Fly4passion
Battery light comes on when you put the IR switch ON. So it is clear that it is on battery. There is no reason for that light to come on other than EEC EMER configuration. When EMER GEN comes on line IR1 is supplied by it and IR2 and IR3 are disconnected from battery after 3 or 5 mts. and are not available.

Fly4passion
19th Mar 2014, 16:17
thank you very much for your help Vilas

MD83FO
20th Mar 2014, 13:34
by the way, updated airplanes have a new panel and have no batt light or keypad.

vilas
21st Mar 2014, 13:13
MD83FO
I think you are mistaken. Latest 1.8 STD very much have ON BAT light. There is no key pad also there is push button to disconnect IR data without putting the complete ADIRU off, just like the ADR push button.

MD83FO
21st Mar 2014, 14:54
you are correct vilas, and the ON BATT light comes on when the HOT BUSS is supplying at least one IRS. ADIRU 2+3 are powered only for 5 minutes.

thank you.

DutchOne
28th Mar 2014, 08:53
Think your answer reflects to fly4passions initial question. How do you know which one is the one supplied by the BAT. (no need to include villas first answer ":when you put the IR switch ON") That we know!