PDA

View Full Version : SEP Expired

ClintonBaptiste
16th Mar 2014, 16:23
I have a question regarding my SEP Rating on my licence.

It expired in March 2012 and although I have completed the relevant hours for revalidation - I was stupid and did not get an examiner to sign my licence to revalidate by experience. (I am working in the Middle East and have been working on the relevant licence here).

My question is how do I renew under EASA now? Do I have to go to an approved ATO to do training? Or can I just fly with an examiner? I am instructing in the Middle East, so am in regular flying practice.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Mach Jump
16th Mar 2014, 16:52
My question is how do I renew under EASA now?

You will have to visit an ATO, or RTF, and discuss with them, what training, if any, you will need to do to enable them to recommend you for a test.

As you are in current flying practice, and have done sufficient SEP flying to have qualified for a revalidation by experience, they may well be happy to do so without any training.

MJ:ok:

ClintonBaptiste
16th Mar 2014, 16:54
Thanks very much for the info, I really appreciate it.

ClintonBaptiste

Level Attitude
16th Mar 2014, 16:54
An Examiner cannot test for a renewal unless you are in possession of a 'Required Training Completed' form.

Your first port of call is therefore an ATO who will assess what training you require.

If, as you say, you are in regular SEP flying practice (on a Middle Eastern Licence?) then I would expect them to assess you as requiring no training and to issue you a form to that effect and, probably, to arrange your test flight with an examiner for you. Of course, once you have the form you can go and find any examiner you like (provided they are Licensed by, or have been briefed by, the Competent Authority that holds your Licensing records)

NB: Do you have an actual EASA Licence? Or a JAR Licence (which is only valid for five years).
If JAR I would recommend you take the opportunity with the examiner to confirm your paperwork is correct and then to apply for the non-expiring EASA Licence.

have done sufficient SEP flying to have qualified for a revalidationAlmost impossible to have qualified to revalidate in March 2014 as Rating expired in March 2012

Mach Jump
16th Mar 2014, 16:58
NB: Do you have an actual EASA Licence? Or a JAR Licence (which is only valid for five years).
If JAR I would recommend you take the opportunity with the examiner to confirm your paperwork is correct and then to apply for the non-expiring
EASA Licence.

A very good suggestion!:)

Almost impossible to have qualified to revalidate in March 2014 as Rating expired in March 2012

That's why I said '...to have qualified...' rather than '...to qualify...';)

MJ:ok:

ClintonBaptiste
16th Mar 2014, 17:07
I have a JAR licence (I'm instructing on a Middle Eastern licence) and I did actually renew my ME/IR in November and completed the EASA form as suggested - for reasons unbeknown to myself I didn't renew my SEP whilst I was there! (To be honest I didn't think I'd need my SEP as I'm now trying to get into the airlines and also I couldn't afford the extra cost)

Regarding the revalidation by experience I was referring to the period between 2010 and 2012.

In fact I may now wait until the summer, as my FI has lapsed - which means I'll have the flight test and seminar to attend - so hopefully I can kill two birds with one stone!

S-Works
16th Mar 2014, 19:35
Drop me a PM mate, I should be able to help. Good to see you alive and kicking!

ifitaintboeing
16th Mar 2014, 23:28
In fact I may now wait until the summer, as my FI has lapsed - which means I'll have the flight test and seminar to attend - so hopefully I can kill two birds with one stone!

You can complete a FI renewal and SEP renewal in the same flight if required.

ifitaint...

Level Attitude
17th Mar 2014, 20:01
I have a JAR licence.......renew my ME/IR in November and completed the EASA formStill not sure what Licence you hold?
What was the EASA form you completed?
EASA MEP / MEIR Rating Renewal, EASA Licence Application or both?

Kelly Hopper
18th Mar 2014, 10:31
You cannot have a JAR licence. It doesn't exist anymore! All JAR issued licences are now EASA licences bound by EASA rules. Completely unfair I know but they have done it!

monviso
21st Mar 2014, 10:15
make 2 hours with an FTO in Europe! One to refresh your knowledge and another with an examiner and it is done!