PDA

View Full Version : Changing Flight School - Transfering Exams?

captain echo
13th Mar 2014, 09:13
Is it possible to change flying schools part way through PPL training and transfer exams accross to the new flying school? I am moving to a new area, and have completed most of the PPL exams, however I don't have anything to show my pass scores. I don't really want to have to do them all again, is there any way to transfer these exams?

Heston
13th Mar 2014, 09:21
I see you are in Canada and things may be different there, but in the UK it is simple - student has the form that they will use to apply for their licence from the beginning of their training and the examiner enters the marks from each exam as they are done - since the student keeps the form there is no problem moving to another school and the situation you are in should not arise. I suggest you find out if the system is supposed to be the same where you are and, if it is, get the exam marks entered on a form asap.

(as has been discussed elsewhere it may be not so easy to get the other student records however)

mad_jock
13th Mar 2014, 10:03
since the student keeps the form there is no problem moving to another school and the situation you are in should not arise

A lot of schools keep it hostage and come out with some crap that the examiner will complete it all when doing the paperwork prior to submission.

Also as well its not uncommon for the examiner not to be present when the exam is being given. So it will be filled out when they are next in.