PDA

View Full Version : Ex RAF spirit medium

Spaghetti_Monster
6th Mar 2014, 19:32
It seems this chap is a little closer to the heavens than he was when he was serving:

HUDSON AT LARGE: Ex-RAF officer is now a medium (From This Is Wiltshire) (http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/11055160.Ex_RAF_officer_is_now_a_medium/?ref=mr)

cuefaye
6th Mar 2014, 19:40
There's another, resident of Canberra in Oz

Wensleydale
6th Mar 2014, 21:03
Was he on Phantoms?

thing
6th Mar 2014, 21:12
Nah, reckon he was an engine fitter on Ghosts. This was after his exchange posting on Voodoos. Also at 6' 5 I wouldn't call him a medium. More an extra large.

Why did the medium cross the road?

To get to the Other Side.

There was a convention of psychics at the local hotel. It was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

awblain
6th Mar 2014, 21:30
Does that make him the RAF's first certified Space Cadet?

thing
6th Mar 2014, 22:57
AW, you wouldn't know being (I assume) American but space cadet is the nickname for our Air Training Corp, can't think of an American equivalent but it's a kind of young teenagers uniformed air minded type of affair. They get to go gliding and visit RAF bases, that sort of thing.

Now if you are talking about actual chaplains and other spiritual stuff they are known as Sky Pilots.

cynicalint
6th Mar 2014, 23:54
Quote "joined the RAF as an airman at 19. Commissioned after eight years, he was to serve for a total of 22 and retire as a Flying Officer in 2009". Unquote.

Wow, 14 years as a Flying Officer! Either the report is wrong, or he did not see his non-promotion coming......:O

Two's in
7th Mar 2014, 01:41
HUDSON AT LARGE: Ex-RAF officer is now a medium

...I was expecting an article about how he'd lost a lot of weight.

waco
7th Mar 2014, 05:01
............I knew you were going to type that............

awblain
7th Mar 2014, 08:56
thing,

I'm familiar with the ATC, but didn't know the nickname - the "Civil Air Patrol" seems to be something of a match over the pond:

Cadet Programs - Civil Air Patrol - United States Air Force Auxiliary (http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/about/civil_air_patrols_three_primary_missions/cadet-programs/)

ColinB
7th Mar 2014, 09:56
I met an ex-RAF chap in the pavilion at Lords who was demonstrating his powers as a medium by the use of a gold watch on a chain. Certain replies were interpreted by rotations and spins of the watch.
When his voice dropped I leaned forward to hear better and he put his hand on my knee. I then indicated he was misreading the signals and I could see a painful future for him.

Willard Whyte
7th Mar 2014, 12:25
I suppose it's better than the imagination-lacking 'standard' route of going into managment consultancy or somesuch. Good luck to him, hope he takes all those gullible fools for a fat wodge of cash

KG86
7th Mar 2014, 14:44
My ex-girlfriend had special powers as well.

I was driving her down a country lane, and she put her hand on my knee. I turned into a field.

onetrack
7th Mar 2014, 23:09
At 6' 5", he ain't no medium, he's definitely an XXL. He's been screwed up by the Q-store Sgt. :)

8-15fromOdium
8th Mar 2014, 08:30
I suppose it's better than the imagination-lacking 'standard' route of going into managment consultancy or somesuch. Good luck to him, hope he takes all those gullible fools for a fat wodge of cash

Isn't that what a Management Consultant does?

Willard Whyte
8th Mar 2014, 15:01
Touché.10 chars