PDA

View Full Version : Licence conversion

taff_lightning
6th Mar 2014, 19:04
Had a guy come in today with a situation I've not come across before.

He wants to convert a lapsed JAR (2011) ppl to an easa ppl. Up until recently I would have known exactly what to advise him and where to find the legislation to back it up. But with cap 804 I'm just not sure.

This particular problem just doesn't come across my desk. Maybe because people don't let there jar licenses laps.

Help me out guys!

Whopity
6th Mar 2014, 20:30
A JAR PPL is an EASA PPL he just needs to complete SRG 1104 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1104%20Issue10.pdf) have a valid medical and if he wants to use it, a valid class rating. If the Class rating has lapsed he will need a Course Completion Certificate SRG 1119D and a Prof Check SRG 1157.

Mach Jump
6th Mar 2014, 20:56
...lapsed JAR (2011) ppl to an easa ppl.

First you need a bit more info.

If his JAA PPL is still within it's 5 years validity, and just has an expired Class Rating, then it's just training as required to pass a Proficiency Check. JAA PPLs became EASA PPLs by default, and when their 5 year validity expires they are re-issued as non-expiring EASA licences by the usual 'form filling/cheque' method.

SRG1104 Application for EASA Part-FCL Pilot Licence - Conversion of an Existing National or JAR-FCL Licence issued by the United Kingdom.

If the 5 years, and Class Rating have both run out, it's both of the above at the same time.

MJ:ok:

Mach Jump
6th Mar 2014, 21:06
Ah. Whopity Too quick for me! :oh:

Just remind me, do RTFs still need to do the Course Completion Certificate if they haven't become ATOs yet?

MJ:ok:

Level Attitude
7th Mar 2014, 00:43
Just remind me, do RTFs still need to do the Course Completion Certificate if they haven't become ATOs yet?Yes. An Examiner needs to see a course completion cert. to confirm they may test.

taff_lightning
7th Mar 2014, 21:38
Great guys. Exactly what I was after and what I thought.

Cheers.

TL