PDA

View Full Version : DOHA.....general questions

RadarController
4th Mar 2014, 22:16
Hi All......

could anyone shed some light on operations at Doha please...

pay shifts conditions living etc...

feel free to send private message if you want

kind regards

the Shue
5th Mar 2014, 01:16
Many controllers in Doha would like to go to Baghdad. Not for the money, for the lifestyle.

HeathrowDictator
5th Mar 2014, 18:16
I'll send you a PM, I left there just under a year ago. Things may have changed but I doubt it!

-HD-

TheFalcon
5th Mar 2014, 20:13
Good one Shue :))

gc4atco
9th Mar 2014, 16:32
I'd be interested in that information too if someone could PM me please? many thanks.

the Shue
17th Mar 2014, 10:33
RadarController, I don't know if anyone got back to you so I'll give you a few bits.

"Once upon a time there was a magical place where there was nothing to do." The End.

The pay is 40,000 +( ≤5000) riyals per month plus they give you a villa. The villas are ok in so so compounds. The gratuity is a month's pay per year which is very good. No private medical, school fees cover roughly half the cost (if you can get your kids into a school.)

There is very little to do in Doha especially for kids. Many controllers with children have their families back home, which is not a desirable situation.

I'd write more but I'm busy, I have to sweep some sand off my porch.

BTW, RadarController, is that the most imaginative user id you could come up with?

waxo
17th Mar 2014, 16:41
Umm I tend to disagree. Seems most people like to moan with a white bread under the arm. Life is what you make of it. Lots of things to do but might cost some money. I'd rather drive a small car and spend some money on my kid than drive the biggest car around... My two cents worth.

the Shue
17th Mar 2014, 17:55
Life is what you make of it. Lots of things to do if you spend the money…

That applies to every country on the planet and is of little help to RadarController. If you and your family enjoy Doha, tell him so and give him some good examples. That'll help and I won't argue.

If you're one of the fellows that have been here a number of years and you feel I've insulted your lifestyle, then I will apologize for that. We see Doha differently.

360BakTrak
18th Mar 2014, 04:34
school fees cover roughly half the cost

That's not 100% accurate. Depends on what school and what age your children are.

360BakTrak
18th Mar 2014, 09:29
Should clarify my point above.....the allowance can cover almost all the fees before your child reaches year 7. It's not as bad as some people make out......!!!

waxo
21st Mar 2014, 12:40
Won't argue with you Shue. It's each one to his/her own. Suppose it also depend on where one coming from before taking a job in Doha. Lots of people end up comparing it with home....Negativity not one of my strong points I suppose....

CuitoCuanavale
21st Mar 2014, 18:29
Ref Doha package … do an archive search, loads of current information.

That done; compare packages of all the major players in the M.E. (Iraq is a stand-alone, and will always top the rest)

You will be surprised at how well Doha rates.

In the comparison, be discerning and articulate. An embellished … “my buddy works there!! … and he/she told me…”is NOT discerning and articulate.

Current contract structures for all centres are available … be resourceful, you will ultimately be able to review a current one.

You will without doubt stumble into and across quite an array of naysayers … of that I can assure you. They are easily identified … just say something positive about Doha; … Scream of theBanshee …

Pacifiers will be spat out,diapers will be soiled and rattles will be brandished …