PDA

View Full Version : Orbifly for Validation

al_renko
3rd Mar 2014, 00:35
Hi All,
Any advise with regards to Orbifly for FAA Validation,I now have my Verification of Authenticity letter from the FAA and wish to have this procedure done in Europe,is there anyone else out there who provides the similar service as
Orbifly?

pilotchute
3rd Mar 2014, 03:35
Al,

Im sorry but your post is a bit short on information. Are you saying you want to convert your FAA CPL-IR to an EASA one at Orbifly? If that is the case then you will be happy to know there are literally hundreds of places in Europe where you can do that.

Orbilfly's website is a little strange as it says it provides FAA IFR training in Europe. Do they mean FAA IFR conversion possibly? I would stay away from the place if they cant even get the website correct.

sapperkenno
3rd Mar 2014, 07:35
If you mean getting a validation of a foreign licence to get a US pilot certificate, then you need to find a European based DPE who can check your documents and issue the certificate. Unless Orbifly have an "in-house" examiner, you'd be better cutting out the middle man (ie paying them loads of money) and contacting the DPE yourself.
In the UK, these people are ADAM HOUSE, and TOM HUGHSTON.
As far as similar service to Orbifly, then if you're just talking FAA instruction in your own N-registered airplane, there are a few CFI/IIs like myself who can instruct for US Private/Commercial/Instrument. Many of us don't charge such obscene amounts of money as €550/day either!
Hope that helps, but I'm not sure I totally understood your questions!