PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Examiner Briefings

indefinitehold
3rd Mar 2014, 00:19
As a yank in the US I recently heard a rumor through my ATO that EASA is considering doing away with all of the foreign examiner briefings.

EASA for some reason missed the mark with stream lining the process for all.

Does anyone have any insight to this matter and or have you heard this rumor?:ugh:

A yank.

nick14
3rd Mar 2014, 06:11
The word is there will be a generic EASA briefing which will be free and accessible to all examiners. Each authority may publish their own however this will be optional to the individual examiner.

S-Works
3rd Mar 2014, 06:39
They could do with sorting something. I have done 12 now and they are a pain in the ass. No two are the same which hardly does much to prove EASA is bringing harmonisation.

It's also cost a fortune as a lot of them are chargeable. The most expensive being Italy at nearly €300. Austria was €50 the other day.

mad_jock
3rd Mar 2014, 14:41
And even if the examiner has done the briefing its the candidate who fills out the forms anyway and then points at the boxes that he needs to sign in my experience.

bylgw
15th Apr 2014, 09:55
published

Examiner Briefing Document (https://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/Examiner%20Differences%20Document_version_01_2014_0.pdf)