PDA

View Full Version : Best sequence of PPL exams?

blueb0y79
16th May 2002, 13:32
hi everybody

What is the best sequence of doing the PPL written exams? I started with Air Law, Human Factors, now Meteorology. Where should i go from there?

I need a good stepping stone before going to Aerofanfto.com in spain to get my frozen ATPL. I should have done my PPL there as they include it in the same price as the ATPL course.

blueb0y79

Evo7
16th May 2002, 13:43
I started with the same three in the same order.

After that I did Performance & Planning (because it's easy), Navigation and then Aircraft (General)(actually doing that tomorrow or Saturday :eek: - edit: done it and it was easy :) ). Final one will be RT Theory which will get done just before I start on the Nav trips.... :)

I'm happy with that order, but I'd move RT Theory before Aircraft General if solo Nav trips were sooner. RT is actually useful whereas Aircraft General can be done anytime and is boring as hell. At least it's reasonably easy.... :(

AerBabe
16th May 2002, 16:19
I started with RT, as it was being run as an evening course! Then AirLaw, as it's required, and Human Factors cos it's easy. I would leave Nav until you've done some, as a lot of what's in the book is soooo much easier to understand once you've done it. A/c Tech I left until last, as again you pick things up as you go along. Met I did in the middle, while the weather was too bad to do much flying. I actually found it really interesting :o

Evo7
16th May 2002, 16:34
I did Met while it was raining too - figured that if I couldn't fly in it I might as well learn about it :)

HelenD
16th May 2002, 17:53
I did Air law and Human performance on the same day, then 2 weeks later I did my Met. Aircraft general came next shortly followed by the Performance and planning. I did my Nav exam just after Christmas and before I had done any navigation. I took the RT written in January. I will be booking in to sit the RT spoken exam very soon and the way things are going I guess I will have passed that before I solo as well. I found them all easy and I never picked up a book for the human performance exam.
Good luck.

FlyingFowl
16th May 2002, 20:04
Hi Blueboy
suggest nav next, as most schools would like you to have nav and met before your first solo navex.
:cool:

carb
16th May 2002, 23:03
I sat the Human Performance exam after a few drinks -- how's that for ironic! Still passed with over 90% though, and it only took me 7-8 mins to do it. The easiest exam, for sure, so save it for some time when you can't do anything else (eg when the weather is crap, you're exhausted, you're suffering brain overload from attempting to learn how to use the whizzwheel, and you're drunk!!).