PDA

View Full Version : 747 sim help

Yousef Breckenheimer
23rd Feb 2014, 02:36
Hi

I have a 747 sim assessment and was hoping somebody could give me an idea of the PFD in terms of bank angle presentation. Essentially I want to know in advance what I'm looking at and what angles I need for rate 1 turns medium turns etc. Any pics greatly appreciated!

JeroenC
24th Feb 2014, 22:47
Seriously?

+TSRA
25th Feb 2014, 01:30
Well...if he's never used EFIS before, he may be worried about the bank angle indicator moving the opposite direction to that displayed on an old gyro Artificial Horizon...its thrown more than enough people on their first upgrade to EFIS screens - myself included. For initial guys new to EFIS, I always teach to look at the airplane depiction first - don't even look at the bank angle indicator until you know that you're going left or right, then check to see by how much. It'll throw you for a loop the first couple of turns, but after that its easy.

However; Yousef: If you're going for a 747 sim eval and you have difficulty calculating the bank angle required for a rate one turn....well, I would suggest you go back to your initial IFR books. Page 3 or 4 should do it. Doesn't matter the size of the airplane, the basics are all the same.