PDA

View Full Version : Skills Test and Beyond

Currymonster
15th May 2002, 22:07
Skills Test passed!!! God Knows How...
What do I do next guys??
Can anyone give me some sound advice as to what is a sensible progression from here?

AerBabe
15th May 2002, 22:19
Very many congratulations!

I posted a similar question about 6 months ago here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42291). Hopefully it helps :)

BRL
15th May 2002, 23:02
Well done. Many congrats indeed. If you want, pop along the coast to Shoreham EGKA and pay us a visit.... :)

andrewc
15th May 2002, 23:22
There is an excellent book, called 'Beyond the PPL' by Nigel
Everett which explores this whole territory from a UK pilots
viewpoint.

Its available from Amazon UK and well worth the price.

-- Andrew

Evo7
16th May 2002, 07:36
Nice one mate! Congratulations :D

Bit late for you, but I've just come across Standards Document 19, Version 2. Notes for the guidance of applicants taking the PPL Skill test (Aeroplanes) (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fcl_19v2_03_2002.pdf) - quite a handy document explaining what goes on. The CAA seem to be particularly good at hiding this stuff... :rolleyes:

Currymonster
16th May 2002, 10:15
Thanks for the replies thus far. Evo7 good luck with yours...

enq
16th May 2002, 11:45
Yes, well done Curry. I'm due for mine tomorrow (pulled forward from Sunday due to inevitable deteriorating weather) & so thanks EVO for a timely post of the CAA notes link. Regards all. Enq.

AerBabe
16th May 2002, 16:14
Oh yes, and I was given a great book for my birthday (thanks mate ;) ) called "Progressive Flying", by James Allan. It has really excellent advice, and is, as the title suggests, progressive. The first few chapters alone gave me plenty of ideas, while the later ones will keep me busy for ages! :)

tomcs
16th May 2002, 19:57
Hi! Well done currymonster. I have to say that dont just stay at your airfield....go exploring take off round the country literally....:D Challenge yourself. I passed my Skills Test last December 6 months exactly (2 days ago) and since then I have visited about 16 other airfields from just south of the Wash to Perranporth. And there is nothing more challenging the working out and doing the joining procedures for an unfamiliar airfield. E.g....we went into Shoreham (G-RSFT) and we had 5 in the circuit...i was doing slow flying (65kts with 1 stage of flaps on the downwind) so as not to catch up with the Piper Cub 500m in front and we were cleared to land at about 30ft :D So you learn new stuff every day!!

Good Luck

tom