PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi recruiting

thealps
12th Feb 2014, 14:36
Hi all

A reliable source tells me Abu Dhabi will be recruiting soon. I have read all the threads about the ups and downs of working there but could someone pls PM me, or why not write it right here, what the actual conditions are like?
I don't mean to start a new thread where it's all about whining over how bad everything is, just interested in the hard facts.
Thnx in advance!

ferris
13th Feb 2014, 07:17
I have read all the threads about the ups and downs of working there but could someone pls PM me, or why not write it right here, what the actual conditions are like
So, what you are really saying is: You would like someone to post things that will fit with your desire to work there. Correct?

Otherwise, what else are "threads about the ups and downs of working there"? :ugh:

thealps
13th Feb 2014, 10:25
No, I would not like someone to post things that would fit with my desire to work there.
What I meant was, the previous threads are so full of various personal opinions about miss-management, how ****ty everything is etc. There must be folks there who have another opinion too, right?
What I would like to know is, as I stated before, what the conditions are like. And with that I mean pay, expected expenses (with 2 kids in school), annual leave (has that really been cut?), roster. Are you at all allowed to live in Dubai while working in Abu Dhabi?
Thnx.

thealps
13th Feb 2014, 15:56
Of course, sorry.. I mean centre.

camisa10
13th Feb 2014, 16:53
This might help .. some T&C and figures you're searching for (http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/529861-so-you-wanna-come-work-gcaa-szc-think-again.html)

Number2
14th Feb 2014, 03:24
You are foolish if you even consider working at the ACC right now. Morale is low for good reason. Don't be fooled by the salary. It doesn't go far unless you are prepared to live in a crappy area (or share accommodation). A year's rent will need to be pus up front (in one or 2 cheques) and prices are getting ridiculous. School fees also going up exponentially! Stay where you are. There's a reason why peoples' families are leaving.

west atc
14th Feb 2014, 06:15
I don't mean to start a new thread where it's all about whining over how bad everything is, just interested in the hard facts.

The fact is people are 'whining over how bad everything is' because this is the fact of life at Abu Dhabi ACC currently. You will not get anyone saying how good it is because pretty much every controller in the centre is unhappy with the conditions and the way the centre is run and this even includes a lot of the local controllers.

My advice, stay away until things turn around.

The hard facts:
- Yearly renewable contracts about to be introduced.
- no pay rise for nearly six years
- management and controllers resigning as soon as they can get a new job
- no housing allowance, you need to have the money to pay at least 160,000Dhs (€32,000, US$43,000) in two cheques for accommodation plus 10% for deposit and commission.
- no schooling allowance so you need to have that money upfront if you have kids.
- 5 1/2 hours worked out of 8 no matter what the traffic levels are, rising to 6 hours during the summer when Dubai starts runway work
- no back up from management if you have an incident, no matter how minor.
- increasing traffic levels with no flow system means constant overload situations.

These are not the grumblings of one isolated controller, ignore the advice if you want, just don't complain if you still come here and realize that all the 'whining' was truthful.

atcoexpert
15th Feb 2014, 01:39
I see that GAL was hiring recently as well. So how are the conditions there in the towers? Same scenario as with GCAA?
Anyone working for GAL with some facts?
Thanks

UpperATC
17th Feb 2014, 13:42
What about this?

Air Traffic Control Officer (AREA controlling) with Taaeen Training & HR Consultancy | 1401383516 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401383516/air-traffic-control-officer-area-controlling-/)

Abu Dhabi ACC?

UpperATC
17th Feb 2014, 14:24
Yes, I was wondering...

Not GCAA, not SERCO (at least officially), but a third one?

And the post itself, well...

Plazbot
17th Feb 2014, 15:26
GAL probably.

thealps
18th Feb 2014, 08:33
Thanks a lot guys for your comments and info. Appreciate it.
One more thing, in general, is living in Dubai more expensive than in Abu Dhabi? Say, a 3-bedroom apartment in a good area?

UpperATC
18th Feb 2014, 20:32
@thealps

If it helps;

Rent Property in Abu Dhabi, Rental Properties Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Real Estate (http://www.propertyfinder.ae/en/rent/abu-dhabi/properties-for-rent.html)

thealps
18th Feb 2014, 21:26
Thanks UpperATC

I have seen that website but it's really hard to compare prices not knowing the different areas. Could you say in general that either place is more or less expensive than the other (Dubai compared to Abu Dhabi) or is it all about the location and area?

mikk_13
19th Feb 2014, 22:44
Who is the ad for in flight global. At the moment there are 2.

one for 600,000aed and the other for 324,000

Are they kidding or what?

45 before POL
23rd Feb 2014, 19:39
324000aed + benefits it will have to be one fantastic benefits package to persuade most. I would rather sit and get benefits in the UK....it will amount to more than this:}

travellingatco
17th Aug 2015, 05:59
This might not be the right place for this, but here it is anyhow. I'm a Canadian controller coming to Abu Dhabi this Friday for the APC program next week. Any Abu Dhabi controllers willing to take a foreigner to a good spot for a pint 🍻🍻or two so I can pick your brain about working there?

Cheers!

TA

Smirre13
22nd Aug 2015, 16:26
This might not be the right place for this, but here it is anyhow. I'm a Canadian controller coming to Abu Dhabi this Friday for the APC program next week. Any Abu Dhabi controllers willing to take a foreigner to a good spot for a pint 🍻🍻or two so I can pick your brain about working there?

Approach or Area?

chiheb87
23rd Jul 2017, 09:06
i am an ATC with 7 years exeprience military anc civil any help ??