PDA

View Full Version : LTN closed?

lrjt24
15th May 2002, 17:04
Trying to get out of here however runway closed? There appears to be an Euroceltic F28 at the end. Pax being offloaded by bus no news from tower any locals now what is up? No fire engines in sight so all appear to be OK, like to see how our friendly journalist are going to describe this one tonight...

no sig
15th May 2002, 17:17
F27 just clearing the runway now 1715Z, opening 1730Z at last estimate

LTN man
15th May 2002, 17:22
Now open 17.20z

ANTI-ICE ON
15th May 2002, 19:40
Was in the first aircraft that landed after the airport opened. Saw the friendship sitting on the side. Apparently blew a few tires. Did not look too serious though. Just hope nobody got injured.

Tinstaafl
16th May 2002, 00:28
"Hundreds panic in miracle death escape after jumbo jet explosion. Other aircraft forced to land after running low on fuel!!"

"LUTON: A number of passengers exited a Fokker F27 when it stopped on the runway after some tyres deflated. A bus was used to transport the passengers to the terminal.

Meanwhile aircraft held overhead until the F27 was moved away from the runway. Some aircraft chose to land elsewhere once the fuel kept for holding at Luton was used, leaving a safe margin held in reserve for the diversion. "

Would that get me an editor's job?

:D

G-SCUD
16th May 2002, 11:55
Tinstaafl - You forgot "Brave pilots battled with the controls"...:D

DROGNA
16th May 2002, 11:58
...And "Narrowly missing Children's Hospital".....

:rolleyes:

Nopax,thanx
16th May 2002, 12:10
....and passengers calling loved ones on their mobile phones to say goodbye!

simfly
16th May 2002, 14:23
...followed by the pax sueing europe's now largest budget airline for not providing a service on that route, forcing them to take an older, less reliable aircraft. Oh the trauma!

fmgc
16th May 2002, 18:10
Nearby residents called for the airport to be closed as an accident like this was just waiting to happen.

"I moved here last month and everyday I fear for my life. We were given assurances by the people who sold us the house that the airfield was disused, we will now be taking legal action against the airport authorities", said Mr Wiggins from Cuthtalbot Street,"It is a disgrace that people should be allowed to land and take off from some close to where I live"

Buster the Bear
16th May 2002, 18:52
According to an eye witness, the F27 touched down very late, the resulting firm landing and heavy braking caused the tyres to burst. The witness thought the aircraft had gone around as it was still airborne past C1 whilst landing 26. Looked quite scarey according to my furry friend!