PDA

View Full Version : Rental ideas ex-UK

dera
6th Feb 2014, 23:39
We're planning to do a round-Europe trip with a few friends this summer. We haven't 100% decided on the plane type, but have a few ideas. I would be glad to hear your suggestions.

Mission would be a 2400-2600nm trip over 2 weeks with 4 people, flown in VFR. The actual route will obviously depend on the weather etc, but we will have to be in Ibiza for a week.

We're hoping not spend more than £300 per hour for flying, the plane can be single or multi-engine.
The amount of mileage we're going to do means I would like atleast 140-150kts, so a C182 is a bit too slow. And since there's 4 of us, an Arrow would be too small.

I'd appreciate any input and suggestions for plane types, and if anyone would have any leads on planes available, that would be brilliant.

On Track
7th Feb 2014, 07:55
Well, if there are to be four people on board you will need something bigger than a four-seater.

Some years ago I did a long trip in outback Australia in a Piper Saratoga. it was the ideal aircraft for three people and the baggage, camping equipment and emergency provisions that we needed to carry. It was comfortable and of course it had a respectable cruising speed.

dera
7th Feb 2014, 08:27
Saratoga is what we have shortlisted for the trip, and have already made some initial inquiries about them.

If anyone has any leads on where to find a Saratoga, I'd appreciate any hints.