PDA

View Full Version : CAP 774 review

NorthSouth
5th Feb 2014, 16:09
A review of CAP 774 has gone out for consultation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=1350&pagetype=90&pageid=15777).

Now, we're told that controllers have to give traffic info to aircraft on a Basic Service, and that Deconfliction Service will no longer be available to VFR traffic.

Funny that. When the CAA last looked at all this over the period 2007-2009, we were told that it was really important that pilots on a FIS should not be given the expectation that they would get traffic info, and also that the long-standing rule that RAS was only available to IFR traffic should be abandoned.

Plus ca change.....

What do others think?

Glamdring
5th Feb 2014, 16:59
I thought the whole point of changing to the new ATSOCAS was to get the rules straight in everyone's head, including the fact that Traffic Information should never be expected under a Basic Service.

You can give a Basic Service without radar, so how do we give Traffic without a radar?

Talkdownman
5th Feb 2014, 17:19
Bring back RIS, RAS, FIS and FAS...

radarman
5th Feb 2014, 19:14
Bring back RIS, RAS, FIS and FAS...

There was nowt wrong with 'Radar Surveillance'.

fisbangwollop
5th Feb 2014, 20:36
FIS,RIS,RAS.......?It did what it said on the tin.....why change it, BS....FFS what does that mean to anyone? The good old Campaign Against Aviation at its best :confused:

eastern wiseguy
5th Feb 2014, 23:59
FAS ..was my personal favourite....:)

chevvron
6th Feb 2014, 02:26
FAS - never heard of it. I was brought up in the days of VMC radar advisory and IMC radar advisory services.

eastern wiseguy
6th Feb 2014, 07:54
FAS. Aka **** all service.....humour old chap......

Standard Noise
6th Feb 2014, 08:18
Yay! More change for change's sake!