PDA

View Full Version : T67/Chipmunk

CoJoe
15th May 2002, 11:51
Finally given up the hunt for my T67 share within reasonable distance of the East Midlands – anyone know of any available Chipmunk shares please? (Hope this search doesn’t take another year!)

Lowtimer
15th May 2002, 12:39
CoJoe,

I don't know of any Chipmunk shares currently available in that area, and may indeed be interested myself if there were any. In the longer term I have heard that Northants School of Flying, at Sywell, is considering a Chipmunk rebuild over next winter, with the intention of seeing what commercial demand they can get for it, or selling it / syndicating it out if sufficient demand does not materialise. Nothing solid, but...

DB6
15th May 2002, 18:49
Is Yorkshire too far for a T67 share? There are a couple at Breighton/Sherburn and I seem to remember seeing shares advertised.

CoJoe
16th May 2002, 08:18
Many thanks - will continue with the hunt and have a peep at Sherburn.
Don't suppose you can blag me a share in one of your 260's DB6??!!

BRL
16th May 2002, 12:05
There is one in Liverpool. I don't know who owns it though. Have a search for flight schools at the airfield there just to see if one of them own it. If not, it must be owned by a group/individual. Also one down here at Shoreham. Good luck. :)

formationfoto
16th May 2002, 20:30
If Seething (Norfolk) isn't too far from your East Midlands location there is a share in a Chipmunk avail there. Happy to take you for a ride in it if you are interested. Pictured in formation in current edition of Pilot (£1,000 worth of flying competition).

Chocks Wahay
17th May 2002, 09:13
There's a T67 share for sale at White Waltham, sorry can't recall the details but it's on the noticeboard.

foghorn
17th May 2002, 14:27
Is the Shoreham one still available for hire and tailwheel conversions through the Southern Flight Centre?

DB6
17th May 2002, 17:49
CoJoe, don't know about shares but I reckon there will be a whole bunch for sale about July next year if the JEFTS closure goes ahead, which looks likely. They are leased from the Bank of Scotland, so you might even get a loan to buy one, har, har!:D

BRL
18th May 2002, 06:14
Foghorn. I am not sure to be honest. I think it is as i remember an ad a while ago. I am going over there later today so i will go and see them and ask about it for you. :)