PDA

View Full Version : This w/e 18, 19th May

stiknruda
15th May 2002, 09:49
Because last w/e's wx was absolutely foul and I couldn't go to the BAeA comp at Sherburn, the aeroplane is still full of fuel!

Understand that this w/e's wx is supposed to be rather good....so,

anything interesting happening this w/e?

Anyone going to Aerofair?

stik

PilotsPal
15th May 2002, 10:26
As it's my home airfield, I've got a houseful of people going. Will be there myself on Saturday and probably Sunday. Might well find me on the Besso stand availing myself of their hospitality!

Who has control?
15th May 2002, 11:36
I'll be at Aerofair on Saturday, probably at the PZL stand.

WeatherJinx
15th May 2002, 15:05
WxJx is thinking of flying to the IOW (something I've not done b4...)

tomcs
15th May 2002, 16:36
Hi! I'm going to the Aerofair on Saturday :). I can also say that on the subject of flying to the Isle of Wight, it is not what its put up to be....I've flown into both Sandown and Bembridge and i found it abit dead.....how about anyone else?

Tom

Hairyplane
15th May 2002, 17:13
Bembridge/ Sandown may be a bit dead - you need to stretch those legs to seek the entertainment. Plenty of places to go on the coast. Plenty of excellent places to eat.

Anyway - what better than flying across the Solent to get there?

If the weather is looking half reasonable - try Dieppe for lunch. Clear at Calais and have a wonderful chug down the coast. Taxi ride is around a fiver into town.

The restaurants around the harbour are OK but try the Sarajevo in the town.

Less adventurous? The restaurant on the airfield at Calais is cracking.

Weekend of it?

Try Ile D'Yeu. Awesome place. Quiberon is good too.

You will find lots of Brits at Le Sable D'Olonne for the entire last 2 weeks of June. Shhh! Best kept secret of all French destinations! Come and join in the fun.

Fuji Abound
15th May 2002, 21:00
Hairyplane - interested in your suggestions - why in particular do you recommend Ile D'Yeu.

Le Sable D'Olonne is still a shhh secret because I can't find it! Where is it and again why no you particularly recommend it - always interested in different places to go with a bit more to offer.

:)

formationfoto
16th May 2002, 20:26
Go for Weald - see you in the 'Pilot' sponsored foodery - picture editing and loading stuff up to the Pilot web site.

stiknruda
17th May 2002, 09:10
Ian,

Tried to phone you earlier in the week on yr bat-phone - got a rather husky female telling me that she was taking your calls, unfortunately for you it is your voice-mail service!!

Will try and do N Weald either Sat pm or Sunday late morning - in the purple toy.

Cheers

A