PDA

View Full Version : Flight Dispatcher info please

manfredin
30th Jan 2014, 15:57
Hi, I'm interested to flight dispatcher job,
could someone suggest me a training course in UK or Europe?
Thanks..

Scott C
30th Jan 2014, 19:15
I've done mine through my employer, Menzies Aviation. They don't call us 'Dispatchers', their name for us is 'Turnaround Coordinator'.

I kept an eye out on my local airports website an applied for a job as a Ground Handling Agent. After 12 months of putting bags in holds etc, I applied for a TCO position and completed my training in October.

manfredin
31st Jan 2014, 09:18
Thanks but I' havo not found nothing at this moment on Menzies, Thanks a lot for your suggest.

pilotms
31st Jan 2014, 15:08
@Scott C:
In the UK it is called Dispatcher or TCO, in the rest of the World it is mainly called Ramp-Agent.
Manfredin is asking for a Flight Dispatchers course which involves Flight Planning etc.

@Manfredin
Have a look at Jeppesen ? Transforming the Way the World Moves (http://www.jeppesen.com) .

plans123
1st Feb 2014, 22:49
Commercial Aviation Ground Crew Training Courses | Jeppesen (http://ww1.jeppesen.com/industry-solutions/aviation/commercial/training/ground-training.jsp)

Scott C
3rd Feb 2014, 13:10
Pilotms:

TCO's aren't Ramp Agents. Ramp Agents load/unload the bags/cargo - They take care of things on the ramp, whilst the TCO's take care of Passengers and sort out the Loadsheets, Passenger Manifest and counter-sign the Loading Instruction Report.

Part of the TCO job is to also produce loadsheets, both computerised and manual, as well as load planning and flight planning.

Sir Herbert Gussett
3rd Feb 2014, 13:47
Pilotms:

TCO's aren't Ramp Agents. Ramp Agents load/unload the bags/cargo - They take care of things on the ramp, whilst the TCO's take care of Passengers and sort out the Loadsheets, Passenger Manifest and counter-sign the Loading Instruction Report.

Part of the TCO job is to also produce loadsheets, both computerised and manual, as well as load planning and flight planning.

In the UK, yes, in the rest of Europe, not so ... 'ramp agent' is term used to describe your job in most other European countries. Dispatcher is more operations-based.