PDA

View Full Version : Any available Cap-10b's ?

undertheweather
14th May 2002, 20:16
Thinking of shaking lose some of the cobwebs (and the bank balance) and buying into a capable, but not extreme, aerobatic machine.

I fancy a Cap 10b. Does anyone know of a nice one for sale, or a well-run group looking for a new (reliable and safe) investor?

Alternatively, any aspiring aerobatic owners out there in pprune-land like to get together to buy one - to operate in southern England (relatively away from restricted airspace - perhaps out of Old Sarum)

skua
14th May 2002, 21:34
just flown a lovely one at White Waltham (G-BXFE), which is certainly available for hire, and might be available for share. 'Fraid I don't know the name of the owner, but I am sure the club there will know.

Warped Factor
14th May 2002, 22:35
G-BXFE belongs to.....

The London Aerobatic Company (http://www.deltaweb.co.uk/lac/aircraft.html)

There's also a CAP10B with Avia Special (http://www.aviaspecial.com/) at White Waltham.

WF.

Hairyplane
14th May 2002, 23:28
Why not buy yourself/ selves a brand new Cap 10c?? Fabulous aircraft - demonstrator at Aerofair this coming weekend. There is a one-year waiting list for the latest carbon spar (C) Cap 10. However, as of last week there was an option on one for delivery in 3 months.

Mistral Aviation can tell you more.

Call John Kisner on 01483 302284.

THere are no pockets in a shroud.

Why buy a b when b owners are already booking their machines in for the carbon spar mod. I saw one being done the other week at the Robin factory.

If you are coming to Aerofair - I will be with my DR400 G-HAIR.

Talk to me nicely - Peter - and I will get you a demo flight. Stand by to be wowed!

FNG
15th May 2002, 07:25
I own one third of G-BXFE and am glad that Skua enjoyed flying her. There are a couple of 10bs coming up for sale at the moment, and my group is considering forming another group, with our company taking a fourth share, and three keen aerobatic PPLs taking the others. Running costs would be partly mitigated by running the aircraft on a public CofA as an aerobatic training aircraft, which is how we run G-BXFE. Email me if interested. Otherwise, talk to Bob Cole, who is Mr Cap 10. He will be getting some 10bs in exchange for 10cs over the next year or so.

I have found the Cap 10 to be an almost perfect combination of trainer/tourer and aerobatic mount. It must be one of the best all round private owner aircraft on the market. Capital costs reflect this, but running costs are reasonable.

The 10c will indeed be wonderful, but is naturally a lot more expensive. The previous post may have implied, perhaps unintentionally , that the 10b is unsafe. It isn't: the French and several other airforces used it for years, with a good safety record. Sure, the wings will fall off if you pull beyond 6g, but why would you do that if not into extreme aeros?

paulo
15th May 2002, 09:50
What kind of price range are 10b's going for?

FNG
15th May 2002, 10:52
From about £60,000 to about £75,000, depending on engine life.

paulo
15th May 2002, 15:54
Hmmm. For a group of six, I could afford a share.

Stampe
16th May 2002, 14:01
I think the comment "no pockets in a shroud" was not intended as a slur on the 10B rather more a comment as you can,t take your money with you so live life a little.At present exchange rates new Robins and Caps are excellent value especially when you compare them with secondhand examples of the same which certainly do retain their value exceptionally well.Just imagine the joy of visiting the Factory to see" your aeroplane"being built to your specification and paint scheme!!.Anyway a visit just to look around the Robin factory is almost a religious experience to us "aeroheads" truly wonderful. Bespoke aeroplanes with so much class and heritage.