PDA

View Full Version : Bagby a Reprieve?

pzu
25th Jan 2014, 00:46
Is future of Bagby now secure?

Bote I make no reference to Bagby International!!!

Government inspector overules attempt to limit flights at Bagby Airfield (From The Northern Echo) (http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/local/northyorkshire/10960074.Government_inspector_overules_attempt_to_limit_flig hts_at_Bagby_Airfiel)

PZU - Out of Africa (Retired)

A and C
25th Jan 2014, 11:00
Funny decision to stop the Jet A1 fuel storage as the least noisy aircraft now burn Jet A1, on the whole a bit of an own goal by the nimys.

Still in darkest Yorkshire I sure you could find some red deisel for you Twinstar !

SWBKCB
25th Jan 2014, 16:20
The Jet A1 enforcement notice is aimed at helicopter traffic.

However, with these comments, I doubt we've heard the last of this...

Ms Lewis added that the jet fuel facility had an “unacceptable impact, principally through noise and disturbance” and must be removed within six months.

Airfield manager Steve Hoyle said the ruling meant the airfield’s future had been secured, alongside a plan to replace its permanent jet fuel facility with a mobile one.

Action 4 Refusal spokesman Stephen Hornsby said its drive to reduce activity at the airfield would continue.
He said: “I can’t imagine Hambleton District Council will tolerate the fact there is still no control over the number of flights at the airfield. What is clear is there is going to be no jet fuel facility, that’s a clear victory for the residents.”

juliet india mike
25th Jan 2014, 20:06
A victory for everyone? Result!

Bagby is a nice place as it is, not sure about the expansion/ hotel issue though.

Flyingmac
25th Jan 2014, 21:24
It was never a hotel as such. Just single storey accommodation for overnighting crew.

As for the Jet A1 'victory'. An installation might require planning permission, but a bowser doesn't.:=

These people took over two parish councils and represent the views of 5 percent of the local population at best. They now have to justify squandering a large portion of community funds on a personal witch hunt.

The action group spokesman is a London based solicitor who owns a weekend cottage in the area. Nuff said.

Sir George Cayley
25th Jan 2014, 21:53
I'm Phil Lassey is very pleased:ok:

SGC

A and C
26th Jan 2014, 08:41
We had problem with a weekend cottage owner who lived a considerable distance from the airfield who started to protest about the airfield.

As he was so far from the airfield we can't quite understand why as his lifestyle could not have been affected by the noise or aircraft continually flying over his property, so I think that he must of seen a business opertunity in driving us out of business, fortunately we proved to the local councelers that he was only in residence occasionally and they discounted his protests.

The problem with rich weekend cottage owners is that they want to retreat at the weekends to a rural theme park and use their money and influence to try to achive this, usually to the detriment of long time permanent residents. It is fortunate that some local authorities are now getting wise to these antics.

N707ZS
28th Jan 2014, 18:45
So is Steve Hoyle happy or still miserable?

Flyingmac
28th Jan 2014, 21:11
He's his usual self.;)

N707ZS
10th Jul 2015, 15:33
Reading the local press I hear there has been another debate about the fuel bowser by the council and the dear local residents.

Flyingmac
12th Jul 2015, 11:21
I think the current beef is about the taxyway to the Avgas pumps being a foot wider than they would like. It would make it easier for a 737 to get to the pumps.

N707ZS
20th Oct 2015, 17:24
Just when they thought things had gone quiet.

Man charged over £1m cocaine find at Bagby Airfield (From The Northern Echo) (http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/13883287.Man_charged_over___1m_cocaine_find_at_Bagby_Airfiel d/)

Flyingmac
21st Oct 2015, 13:22
For the record. NOT a Bagby based aircraft.

BEagle
21st Oct 2015, 14:31
Would have fitted recent Emmerdale plot lines?

SpannerInTheWerks
21st Oct 2015, 17:52
Is this the 'tip of the iceberg' or just an isolated event?

There must be a pretty well organised trade with light aircraft?

N707ZS
25th Apr 2017, 21:50
I hear Mr Happy has departed Bagby and a more attractive replacement has been installed!!;)

N707ZS
25th Nov 2017, 11:39
Any news on Bagby, is the café open. Any news on aircraft maintenance?

chevvron
27th Nov 2017, 06:00
I think they should re-name the airfield 'James Herriot Airport'.
It is after all near Thirsk where the famous vet had his joint practice.

flybymike
27th Nov 2017, 10:08
I’ve never come across anything resembling a cafe at Bagby, but refreshments usually available.
Regarding maintenance I have heard various rumours which I wouldn’t care to repeat here.
There’s at least one poster on here who would probably have further info and may contribute.

N707ZS
27th Nov 2017, 11:36
In the days of Phil, the café was great even Sunday lunch was available.

POBJOY
27th Nov 2017, 12:47
The decision was a no-brainer and the Council would have known that.
In planning terms 'intensification' means that you must have 'changed' the use to something different NOT MORE OF THE SAME THING.

Typical action taken by those NOT USING THEIR OWN MONEY (ie Council led by minority group)

The bowser issue is another 'own goal' as the type of machines using it will not change the Airfields use, and it only has to satisfy the regs for fuel safety NOT PLANNING ISSUES.

The 'intensification' issue has been well thrashed out before in Airfield case's and any competent planner or agent would know the law on this.

N707ZS
15th Dec 2018, 07:24
Noticed the resident Pa 31 flying into Bagby at night, must be an interesting experience on that slope with the small sidelights to mark the strip!

N707ZS
27th Feb 2021, 06:48
It rumbles on. The Pa 31 has departed to be replaced by a PC-12. Just a few off the plan alterations.

Council officers compared to Keystone Cops in airfield row | The Northern Echo (https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19121702.council-officers-compared-keystone-cops-airfield-row/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor)