PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines Pilot

ron day
21st Jan 2014, 06:30
Pilot reportedly over limit

Wort.lu - Drunk Turkish Airlines pilot pulled from Luxembourg flight (http://www.wort.lu/en/view/drunk-turkish-airlines-pilot-pulled-from-luxembourg-flight-52de1d4ee4b0d04608bfab22)

captplaystation
21st Jan 2014, 19:08
Shurely Shome Mishtake ? :ooh: they are all "good" Muslims . . .well, could have been a "Contractor" I guess :rolleyes:

de facto
21st Jan 2014, 19:17
Playstation, we know,you are xenophobic..move on.:rolleyes:

Lonewolf_50
21st Jan 2014, 19:40
Heh, I was at a few NATO luncheons and formal dinners with Turkish colleagues. At the luncheons, their tippling was more frequent than when at formal dinners, where they were expected to be on their best behavior.

In that way, they were sorta like me. :ok:

captplaystation
21st Jan 2014, 19:41
de facto

Not at all, but having worked for a Turkish company I am allowed a wry smile subsequent to the "double standards" I have witnessed, no ? or you have a higher pulpit to preach from ?

de facto
22nd Jan 2014, 20:01
And yet you wrote back in april:
Riders of Camels don't metamorphise into anything more cultured/decent/developed/admirable courtesy of money.

This kind of preaching I leave to you.

RoyHudd
22nd Jan 2014, 21:45
captplaystation is quite right. Hypocrisy rules in these "dry" nations. They preach their dogma to us, but don't follow their own "rules".

Biggest killer of the Saudi Royal Family? Overwhelmingly Cirrhosis of the liver!

eastern wiseguy
23rd Jan 2014, 00:14
I don't recall Turkey being dry.......

ironbutt57
23rd Jan 2014, 04:06
Turkey is not dry, nor is it an Islamic republic..so for a Turk to consume alcohol, does not necessarily make him a hypocrite....

Bobbsy
23rd Jan 2014, 08:16
Turkey is not an Islamic nation. It is, by their constitution, secular.

Nor is it a dry country. They produce some excellent wines, some of their brandies are very nice, their Raki is not for the faint hearted and their Efes Pilsener beer is refreshing on a hot day.

captplaystation
23rd Jan 2014, 08:57
de facto,

I stand by my quote from April, do you have any evidence to the contrary ?

How about this, for example ?

7DAYS Dubai | Hospital patient detained by Abu Dhabi police for affair - 7DAYS Dubai (http://7daysindubai.com/hospital-patient-detained-abu-dhabi-police-affair/)

gcal
23rd Jan 2014, 09:49
As mentioned Turkey is neither an islamic state nor dry.
In fact they produce some very good wines and excellent beer.

ulugbek-pilot
23rd Jan 2014, 11:26
The one should follow the rules of the state he/she living-working no matter how harsh or peculiar would they be

Rwy in Sight
23rd Jan 2014, 18:40
Turkey is not a dry country but its population is mainly Muslim thus they should refrain from drinking.

lazy man
23rd Jan 2014, 20:55
The average Turkish person is no better or worse than the rest of us....
No more or less hypocritical, just trying to get along....