PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines

True Blue
14th Jan 2014, 17:52
I booked some flights with TK a few weeks ago. At the time, seat selection wasn't available. Usually you can reserve seats at the time of booking. Looking at my booking(made on-line) I do not see any facility to go back to my reservation and pick seats. Am I right? Or is there a way to pick seats on-line now that I am not seeing.

TB

marsie
15th Jan 2014, 13:53
I flew from Geneva to Istanbul with Turkish last month and was only able to select my seat at online check in, 24 hours before departure. I think it might depend on what ticket you have; with some tickets you can choose your seat at the time of booking, with others you have to wait for check in. That's the case with Swiss too.

That was the first time I'd flown with Turkish. The flight out was on a brand new 737, a lovely plane with lots of leg room, excellent service and seat-back entertainment (well, I like to look at the map).

vanraider
17th Jan 2014, 08:17
When purchasing online through their website, you can only choose a seat if the flight is within 90 days of booking. You have to click on the seat icon before proceeding to payment. You cannot go back after payment has been processed to choose a seat!

Unfortunately if buying/booking more than 90 days, you cannot choose a seat at all through their website.
However you have the possibility of phoning their callcentre 7 days before the flight to book a seat. That is the earliest they will allow to reserve a seat.
Otherwise you also have the possibility of choosing a seat during the online check-in 24hrs before the flight (note: some airports where they fly from do not have this option!)

Hope this helps!