PDA

View Full Version : EXS5H East Midlands-Exeter

NacelleStrake
11th Jan 2014, 01:18
Circled for quite some time before landing back at Exeter.
EGTE 110150Z 28008KT 240V320 9999 -DZ .

DaveReidUK
11th Jan 2014, 07:01
Circled for quite some time before landing back at Exeter.
EGTE 110150Z 28008KT 240V320 9999 -DZ .

Make up your mind.

If it was a flight to Exeter, how could it be landing back there ?

EGTE
11th Jan 2014, 09:09
EXS5G is the daily Post Office flight from Exeter to East Midlands and EXS5H the return flight so technically it was returning to Exeter... although I know what you mean!

Hotel Tango
11th Jan 2014, 10:21
Good morning. Have I missed something? :E

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Jan 2014, 12:37
HT... something more exciting than you'll ever believe!

NacelleStrake
11th Jan 2014, 14:42
Heathrow Director. I have always had, and will continue to have, the highest respect for your invaluable input to this forum.

The EMA-Exeter post plane doing several circuits prior to landing was, I opine, quite unusual? I am just curious with regard to this procedure.

One, Heathrow Director, with your obvious vast experience in the industry, ought to guard against the hubris that can appear, just below the surface, when replying to posts by lesser mortals like me......

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Jan 2014, 16:28
NacelleStrake... Get yourself a sense of humour and you'll be a wholly different person. Best wishes..

Skipness One Echo
11th Jan 2014, 17:12
NacelleStrake... Get yourself a sense of humour and you'll be a wholly different person. Best wishes..
Retirement must leave a lot of empty hours to fill if you only manage to post snarky one liners against spotters asking questions. One assumes the hoovering was done for the day? Oh dear.....
Could be many reasons, it's always interesting to know why these out of the ordainary events crop up, it's how we learn. My favourite back in the say was the night controllers who had to take a mandatory break and the only traffic of the early hours had to hold as the controller took a break from..... well sitting at his desk.

Hotel Tango
11th Jan 2014, 21:16
Steady on NacelleStrake / Skipness One Echo. No problem asking questions. Just explain to me where the question was in the OP? It read as a statement and nothing more. Before you start taking us all down a peg, just reread the OP and try and understand how it reads to us cynical old fools please. ;)

WindSheer
12th Jan 2014, 19:38
Probably running early and tower/atc still closed. Used to happen a lot at EXT with inbound charter night flights.

NacelleStrake
12th Jan 2014, 22:01
Thank-you, WindSheer, for posting a feasible reason as to why EXS5H had to fly numerous circuits prior to landing.....Appreciated.

RHagrid
19th Jan 2014, 09:14
And the actual reason for all you so called ATC and Airline ops "experts" out there, was that at four mile final the Captain report a Technical issue with the flaps and requested a go-around to the hold to re-set them.
And certainly NOT as previously mentioned that the airfield was closed!

WindSheer
19th Jan 2014, 15:10
Thanks RHagrid.

Just offering the options......:rolleyes: