PDA

View Full Version : CAA Grounds Yaks Midnight 21 May 02!!!

twizzle
13th May 2002, 19:11
Just heard a rumour that the CAA Safety Regulation Group is grounding all Yak/Sukhoi LY and RA registered aircraft with effect midnight 21st May.

Will they ever fly again?

Maybe if the owners fork out large sums of money to the authority for re-registraion. :(

loglickychops
13th May 2002, 21:55
Where did you hear it? What was the context? Give us a little more to go on, on what might be a massive piece of news. Or are well all expecting this to be a whole lot of nothing?

twizzle
13th May 2002, 22:30
Will confirm tomorrow by contacting the CAA. The best I can do.

twizzle
14th May 2002, 09:26
Notam to be issued, possibily today.

Flash0710
14th May 2002, 11:30
Another area the CAA have found to tap for more cash

As per Richard Goodes e-mail we will continue to fly

"In summary, this is what it means. As from 21st May all RA & LY aircraft are prevented from flying UNLESS an exemption has been issued against a particular aircraft - Application for an exemption must be made in writing and should include
A copy of the Registration document;
A copy of the current C of A issued by the Civil Aviation Authority or (NAA) of the State of register;
A copy of the limitations or conditions associated with such C of A's
A copy of the application for UK permit to Fly."

You only have too much fuel when you are on fire.......!

SATCO Biggin
14th May 2002, 15:31
The CAA website at:-

http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/general_aviation/whatsnew.asp

explains it all.

Regards

Frustrated Yak Driver

Zlin526
14th May 2002, 19:11
Twizzle,

You're not a journalist by any chance are you? If you read the CAA web pages carefully, you will see that the grounding order really stems from the Russian and Lithuanian authorities policy of changing the goal posts regarding C of A categories etc.

IMHO, I think the CAA are being reasonably generous in giving out exemptions to keep people flying. They could I suppose just ground them and let the owners sort the problem out..

Jetscream 32
14th May 2002, 19:17
Is there any reason for the CAA not to issue a permit to fly? anyone know what will happen to the values etc?

So does this mean we can expect this for all eatern bloc harware?

:eek: :eek:

Zlin526
18th May 2002, 08:38
Whats happened? Why has it all gone so quiet on this BB? For such a major event as grounding all the RA/LY Yaks in the UK, it do seem a bit quiet in here...........Was it not so bad after all?

twizzle
18th May 2002, 15:14
ZLIN 526

You are not Yak driver by any chance? I think not.
We are all to busy completing the paperwork for 1 month exemption, Permit to fly, British C of A and Uk registration.

I would be interested to know from other LY/RA owners what this " Direction " from the CAA is going cost them to keep flying. :(