PDA

View Full Version : Fly Russia/Aeroprize - anyone know them?

Whirlybird
13th May 2002, 17:46
I posted this a couple of days ago on Rotorheads but haven't had much response, so I thought I'd try here:

Someone sent me details of Fly Russia/Aeroprize http://home.worldonline.nl/~aeropriz a bit back. They organise flying trips to Russia, flying their military aircraft, both f/w and rotary, at ridiculously cheap prices (eg MI2 $22/hr, MI8 $450). You can also fly jets, visit Star City, go sky diving, etc etc. It all seems to be organised by a Canadian woman who lives in Holland, who flies f/w and helis and also sky dives, and has been organising these trips for 10 years or so.

Does anyone know anything about them? Is flying Russian helis safe(ish) - I've been there; most of the country is falling apart. If it does seem OK, would anyone else like to come on the proposed August trip (16th- 25th I think) as they need more people for it to run, and I want to go, unless it looks like just an interesting way to commit suicide!

Finally, is the CAA likely to accept the hours (as P U/T)?

Evo7
13th May 2002, 19:01
Finally, is the CAA likely to accept the hours (as P U/T)?

Can't help with the rest Whirly, but I'd love to put some P.u/t time on the Mig-29 on my PPL application. Love to be able to afford too, as well... :rolleyes: :)