PDA

View Full Version : Two simple questions

qwsa
1st Jan 2014, 15:45
Hello guys! got two questions.Just wondering about flaps/slats position on A320 during de-icing procedure.FCOM says nothing about that.Can i use this procedure with flaps full if some ice was detected after landing in icing condition???
The second one.What altitude/FL do you usually set in an altitude window before take-off if no ATC clearance available or no initial climb clearance on the Jepp departure plate???
Thank you!

flyboyike
1st Jan 2014, 15:52
When was the last time you took off without ATC clearance?

qwsa
1st Jan 2014, 15:55
somewhere in Russia

flyboyike
1st Jan 2014, 15:58
So, just so I'm clear: you're stating that you took off somewhere in Russia without a flight plan and without a clearance?

FLEXPWR
1st Jan 2014, 16:04
Sometimes and in some spots on the planet, it happens that an ATC be issued after airborne. May sound strange to the regular Europe/US airline pilot, but fly to some remote places and it can happen as a routine procedure. The primary reason that springs to my mind is when departing an uncontrolled airfield, but with a filed flight plan. Nothing strange here.

In these situations I have used the published MSA as the initial target ALT.

ShyTorque
1st Jan 2014, 16:37
Taking off without any need for ATC clearance or a flight plan isn't at all unusual in some aviation roles.

qwsa
1st Jan 2014, 16:39
I think maybe better to set SID's altitude constrain than MSA?

BOAC
1st Jan 2014, 16:47
?? "no initial climb clearance on the Jepp departure plate"?? is what you said.

qwsa
1st Jan 2014, 17:07
sid alt constrain is not equal to initial climb clearance

latetonite
1st Jan 2014, 17:11
You did not know that BOAC? If an ATC unit always gives the same ALT/FL clearance, Jeppesen prints it that way on their charts.

de facto
1st Jan 2014, 17:11
You set the SID most restrictive altitude ie "at or below" or "at".

qwsa
1st Jan 2014, 17:18
Ok.Thanks guys!!!Any thoughts about the first question?

de facto
1st Jan 2014, 17:18
You did not know that BOAC?

Beware of the crm squadron,framer and kramer will descend upon you:E

de facto
1st Jan 2014, 17:24
Ok.Thanks guys!!!Any thoughts about the first question?

Look at that ,people reading the FCOm:E:ok:

Deicing on the 737 is with flaps/slats up...never saw an airbus deicing with deployed lift devices.
If you see ice in areas inside the leading edge devices,advise your maintenance.
Checking full travel of flaps before taxi would be sensible.

Oceanic815Pilot
1st Jan 2014, 18:00
Officially I believe you leave the flaps/slats in their landing position. When you get to the gate do an inspection. If they are clear, get ground clearance making sure no fingers, toes and heads are in the flap track, power the yellow electric pump, and then raise the flaps. If they are covered in ice from your approach they should be deuces before moving them.

mutt
1st Jan 2014, 18:21
When was the last time you took off without ATC clearance? We operate from some non controlled airfields, we can get the ATC clearance by telephone or takeoff without it, the only restriction is that we cannot enter controlled airspace without speaking to ATC.