PDA

View Full Version : Ikarus C42 hire around London

betterfromabove
30th Dec 2013, 14:00
Hi,

Has anyone had any experiences with the various outfits hiring out Ikarus C42’s around London/SE?

I’ve been around to see several of them (Redlands/Blackbushe, Popham, Chiltern Park) and all seem very friendly and professional on the face of it.

The best arrangement seems to be Clear Prop at Redlands, with what looks like a really good block-bookings scheme, although it’s offset by being so far from London, where I’m based.

The least attractive option is buying a share due to the large Capital outlay required for these relatively new planes and the massive depreciation risk, although it’s still an option of course.

Has anyone joined any of these schemes?

I’m particularly interested in what the rental availability is, since I’d be looking to do quite a lot of hours (50+) in possible preparation for an AFI course.

Any other thoughts on the clubs themselves?

Many thanks and seasons greetings to all!

BFA

aerohopper
30th Dec 2013, 18:42
I fly out of Redlands. I can tell you the availability of their C42 is excellent. ( certainly judging by the number of times I have to push it out the hangar to get my aeroplane out ! )

chevvron
30th Dec 2013, 19:23
Clearprop have an operation at Blackbushe. I think they have about 3 a/c there now, but watch out as I may start flying with them soon!

betterfromabove
30th Dec 2013, 19:55
Thanks everyone for the info.....amazing how quickly you get a response on here! :ok:

Yes, was suspecting that maybe the Redlands one might be a good choice, especially in the week....shame is so far.

May be same at Chiltern Park, which always seems incredibly quiet, even at the weekends.

3x at BB.....hmmh, interesting. Chevvron - do you know if you can fly them by the hour there, or do you need to buy into the share scheme? I'll give them a bell anyway....