PDA

View Full Version : Westjet Christmas

FerrypilotDK
24th Dec 2013, 17:42
For those of you who did not stumble on this elsewhere.....

WestJet Christmas Miracle: real-time giving - YouTube

I have sent this off to several people and of the 3 that have responded, all three had tears in their eyes. Sentimental and yet------if I am ever in Canada and in need of an airline, guess who I will fly!!!!!

Priceless!

Aluminium shuffler
24th Dec 2013, 20:25
It's gone viral everywhere, with sentimental and emotional buffoons citing what a generous company it is. Well, sorry for my cynicism, but I think it's just a very good and not remotely subtle marketing ploy that has got them enormous free advertising off the backs of people with too much time on their hands and too little wisdom to see through it. If they really wanted to do something generous for Christmas, rather than something that would just get a lot of free press, why not lower their prices a bit to the same value, or give away the same value in free tickets to pensioners, veterans or the poor for those that can't afford to travel to be able to see family... I have nothing bad to say about the company - they seem to have a good reputation in all regards, but I just hate all the public fawning over a PR stunt.