PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Near London

Heliplane
16th Dec 2013, 11:26
I'm thinking of changing maintenance organisations and wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

We're not necessarily looking for the cheapest place out there - we'd like someone solid, reliable and conscientious but who also communicates well with customers and manages expectations, ideally within an hour's drive of NW London (somewhere like White Waltham, Stapleford, Wycombe, etc, but would not rule out further afield).

It is for an AA5 (G-reg) - any direct experience on type would be a big plus.

Any recommendations (or PMs) would be gratefully received.

TOWTEAMBASE
16th Dec 2013, 12:20
Diamond hangar STN ?

Duchess_Driver
16th Dec 2013, 13:05
Brinkleys at Meppershall.

Do a few AA5's that I know off.

Not the cheapest - but then again, you get what you pay for!

rgsaero
16th Dec 2013, 15:36
May I recommend London Elstree Aviation - unsurprisingly at Elstree?

The Engineer Riad probably has more time on AA5s than anyone in the country having trained at Cabair when they flew AA5s almost exclusively. Both his shopfloor mechs also have experience. Riad spent time away with Continental (I think) as their European tech rep and then, I think at Blackpool before returning to Elstree.

He's brought a high quality to maintenance to Elstree and is very helpful with the right attitude for GA a/c owners.

I am also an AA5 operator and have been for 21 years!

AucT
16th Dec 2013, 16:00
My vote goes for Brinkleys at Meppershall. They maintain our club's fleet of 15 aircraft including complex, taildrager etc.

stickandrudderman
17th Dec 2013, 18:49
Air Training Services at Booker are excellent but might not be interested in the AA5.

chevvron
18th Dec 2013, 20:09
Try Thurrock. A friend of mine gets his AA1 serviced there and he always says they're good.

irish seaplane
18th Dec 2013, 20:30
General Aero Services in Thurrock. The best and straightest guys I've met in a long time.

pudoc
18th Dec 2013, 23:41
Stapleford may do it, but their engineers are more Cessna and Piper orientated, to suit the club aircraft I guess.

G-APDK
19th Dec 2013, 13:51
North Weald Flying Services is worth a look as well and its close to th M25.

UAV689
19th Dec 2013, 21:50
Another second for riad at elstree

Beech_Boy
19th Dec 2013, 23:24
You could try IAE at Cranfield, again another very professional outfit with many years of experience.