PDA

View Full Version : MEL Delays

falconx
16th Dec 2013, 02:28
Any news on today's issues??
"Clearance unavailable, contact me in 45 minutes"

Keg
16th Dec 2013, 02:39
Radio report this morning that there were 'issues' with the new TWR. They didn't explain beyond that.

Mail-man
16th Dec 2013, 02:50
A passenger told me it was an ATC power outage. There's a Notam'd software upgrade but thats not till later on....

BD1959
16th Dec 2013, 03:03
I thought this was going to be more along the issues of single RWY workings this spring, since it isn't ... I'll ask the question:

Lots of delays this spring, generally as a result of 16 being used exclusively because of "strong southerlies" ... I'm guessing that once summer comes around (if it ever should this year!) that the windier days will be predominantly northerlies. Why is it, then, that the proposed 3rd RWY runs parallel to 09/27?

Regards,

BD

over_centre
16th Dec 2013, 03:48
Flight delays across Australia - The Age (http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-news/flight-delays-across-australia-after-technical-issues-at-melbourne-airport-20131216-2zfzy.html)

underfire
16th Dec 2013, 06:59
Why is it, then, that the proposed 3rd RWY runs parallel to 09/27?

Because the people who design airports refuse to talk with the people who design procedures and the operators.

Seems like the runway designers are stuck back in the old days of weedhoopers that used mountain tops and other obstacles to line up with for APP and DEP.

How many time have you thought, if they had just moved the runway a few degrees this way, I would not be looking straight at that mountain peak on DEP.

Creampuff
16th Dec 2013, 07:55
How many time have you thought, if they had just moved the runway a few degrees this way, I would not be looking straight at that mountain peak on DEP.Errrrm … never. :confused:

I’m guessing you don't fly much in Australia.

Bumpfoh
16th Dec 2013, 10:11
SNAFU:ugh:

5coffee
16th Dec 2013, 10:33
haha, the Age is making up news again. There were no power problems.

Software trouble in the control tower caused a switch to manual processing of departures which is quite a bit slower. This lasted over an hour during a normally busy period. All flights were stopped during a 10 min window while the systems were rebooted. Operations then returned to normal, and the backlog began to clear.

Why is it, then, that the proposed 3rd RWY runs parallel to 09/27?

The 4th runway will be 16R/34L, which should be complete before 2040. My guess is it's a simply easier to build 09R/27L first, as it will be a lot closer to the terminal.

Capn Bloggs
16th Dec 2013, 12:15
I would not be looking straight at that mountain peak on DEP.
What mountain peak/runway would that be?

Critical Reynolds No
17th Dec 2013, 01:43
Exclusive security camera footage:

a5QBuJla5do